your own name

somoslagente
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:41 am 
Post subject: your own name
my name is double barreled and i have always been troubled by people trying to call me by just the first part of it.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i remember at schooll i was quite quiet until the teach tried to shorten down my name

i used screetch my name is **** - ***** not *****

LMFAO

STILL to this day I use my FULL name and havenīt shortened it. I always introduce myself by my FULL name. BUT... there are still folks out there who insist on calling me by just the FIRST part of it.

maybes I should start with the screetching again and not turn a blind eye and introduce myself time and time again in front of these people by my FULL NAME.

Just a thought for all of you considering giving baby a double barrled name.

BTW I also have a friend with a double barreled name who feels the same way about getting her name getting shortened. Her mum has the same name as mine but calls herself only by the last part of it LOL
Her mum thinks its hilarious when I call her by her full name - as I am the only one that does. She says Hello **** -*** and I say Hello **** -*** back Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:16 pm 
Post subject:
i want to call my baby lily-ann if it's a girl but i just know people are going call her lily and leave out the rest...that's the main reason i'm hesitating on that name slightly because it will bug the hell out of me to have it shorthened Confused

lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:33 pm 
Post subject:
i love the name but it will get shortened xx
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
donīt let them shorten it then

my mum didnīt