Decreasing HCG levels after MC/MMC

Wallicio
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:09 pm 
Post subject: Decreasing HCG levels after MC/MMC
Just wondering if anyone can share some knowledge with me. I had a d&c thursday just gone and wondered when would be the best time to check that my hcg levels have returned to normal by doing a pg test and getting that negative result? Or if there is any other way of testing? Apart from tummy still getting a little hard in the evenings, i think i've lost all other pg symptoms now. Thanks, Rach x
babypie9000
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Rach,
My pg symptoms disappeared basically the day after d&c. I tested positive until about 10 days after d&c. I think using hpt's is the only way of testing. Once i got a negative I was happy ttc again.
Hope this helps, xx
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:24 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for that, i'll test this weekend then and hopefully get that bfn and if not leave it a couple of days after that. Once i get that we can start ttc again.
Cant believe this, OH best mate has just called to say that his girlfriend is pg Sad
babypie9000
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:56 pm 
Post subject:
Aww Rach, I read your post in TTC forum and left you a comment. Dont be thinking about it too much, the way ive dealt with family pregnancies is to tell myself that its someone else's life and that i shouldnt focus on THEIR life but mine and realise that my turn will come eventually. (though i know its easier said than done!)
I hope your feeling ok, ive been through it very recently and know how painful it is.
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun, ihope you are ok today.
It is a week today since my ERPC..... I've decided not to do any hpks as don't want to spend any money!!
Did they give you any antibiotics to take after?
xx
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun. Yeah it's my last day on the antibiotics today, infact just taken last tablet now. I'm still bleeding a little bit but it comes and goes and is very watery. How are you doing?
Only gonna do hpt for peace of mind that all is back to normal, but i've spent a fortune on these tests over the last couple of years x
Wallicio
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
UPDATE
Well i took a pg test today on the off chance and unfortunately still got a BFP of which under normal circumstances would die for Wink actually it was only a very faint line so will test again on sunday and hopefully then i'll get that BFN.
Also i went back to work today and not as bad as i thought it would be, but tired now as was doing very little for past few weeks x
mithical
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:42 am 
Post subject:
Hi girls

Was wondering about the hpt results myself. So wanted to say thanks for posting the question. I also had erpc last Thursay, and I had a positive on a test today. I'm having headaches and sore boobs still, so it's obvious I've still got highish hormone levels.

Just have to test again in a few days. xx

Wallicio
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:38 pm 
Post subject:
Well I have the patience of a nat and as I had a hpk test sat upstairs I just had to try it again to see if I would get that BFN. Well unfortunately Im not quite there, the line had got a lot fainter but if I put the test to the light I could just still see it there. So I guess that was another waste of money as for peace of mind I am going to have to test again in a few days, so am going to have to go out and buy another test!!! what am i like Rolling Eyes
Hope you all ok and working hard on thoe BFP's
Rach x
Wallicio
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:48 pm 
Post subject:
Very Happy YAY I got my BFN today on a hpt, so hopefully my body is getting back to normal. The next time I do a hpt i'll be hoping i get that line and not wishing it to go away x
Sanje
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:24 pm 
Post subject:
I tested negative 5 days after it fell out! Talk about the final insult.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular