IVF and Acupuncture

KatyKnight
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:47 pm 
Post subject: IVF and Acupuncture
Ladies, I'm in the middle of IVF and have been having acupuncture. The doctor says he can only treat me for stress - needles in legs and head. This wasn't really what I was expecting. I thought there would be needles in my stomach to increase blood flow to relevant area etc. Am I wrong here? Has anyone else gone down the acupuncture to support IVF route and had a different experience? Any help gratefully received as I'm wondering if maybe I should find another Chinese doctor?
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:01 am 
Post subject:
Mmm,
Katy maybe you should find another chinese Dr and get a second opinion. I did IVF, but didn't do acupuncture (although it was recommended). i would've thought he'd be doing more than that.

Julie xxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
Noms44
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:43 pm 
Post subject: Re: IVF and Acupuncture
KatyKnight wrote:
Ladies, I'm in the middle of IVF and have been having acupuncture. The doctor says he can only treat me for stress - needles in legs and head. This wasn't really what I was expecting. I thought there would be needles in my stomach to increase blood flow to relevant area etc. Am I wrong here? Has anyone else gone down the acupuncture to support IVF route and had a different experience? Any help gratefully received as I'm wondering if maybe I should find another Chinese doctor?

Hi Katy

I'm in the middle of IVF at the moment to and am having acupucture done and she puts needles in my legs, head and my stomach all conected to fertility treatment so I was told, I did try Chinese doctor and didn't find him good at all only went once thats how bad he was so my clinic recommended a acupuncturist and she's brilliant. So your not wrong try get your clinic to give you someone different to go to other then a chinese acupunchurist .

Hope I helped a bit
Noms
KatyKnight
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:33 pm 
Post subject: IVF and Acupuncture
Thanks for coming back to me. I thought it didn't seem quite right. OK, so, anyone know a good acupuncturist in Dorset?!
Noms44
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:44 pm 
Post subject: Re: IVF and Acupuncture
KatyKnight wrote:
Thanks for coming back to me. I thought it didn't seem quite right. OK, so, anyone know a good acupuncturist in Dorset?!

No problem but just make sure they are registered because alot of the acupunchurist will say yeh we do it for fertility when you ask them and they don't there not qualified to do so unless they are registered, you can google them and it will say if they are registered or not..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular