Bad Hair Day

emmy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:06 pm 
Post subject: Bad Hair Day
Found out in the last week that i am expecting my 3rd child and i am over the moon but very very scared as in april i miscarried my twins at 20 weeks.
My hair is in serious need of having the colour done, but ive heard so many stories about having it done while you are pregnant and after what i went through at the begining of the year i worry about just going to get it done does anybody out there know what the answer is if they do please would you let me know.Thanks.xx
PamCC
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:13 pm 
Post subject: hair dye
Hi Emmy
Sorry to hear about the twins.
I have quite a lot of grey hair and am only 30, so wanted to dye mine during pregnancy. I spoke to my mid-wife, my GP and spoke to the owner of a hair salon that I know well. All told me I would be fine to dye my hair, however the salon owner did say that I had to be 12 weeks. She also suggested a semi permanent dye. My thoughts were that if it did go into the blood stream and was harmful it would have been banned years ago. So I did dye my hair!
I would suggest having it done professionally and have a patch test first with dye because our skin responds differently when we're pregnant.
Hope that helps
emmy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:24 pm 
Post subject: Bad Hair Day
Thanks Pam, i will wait for my 12 weeks scan and will have a chat with my midwife, you hear so many different stories you just dont know what to do or belive, but thanks again.
xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:56 pm 
Post subject:
So sorry to hear about ur loss. My Mum told me not to have my hair done. Apparently the toxins and chemicals can harm the baby xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular