Cosmetic Dentistry - Porcelain Veneers

JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:25 pm 
Post subject: Cosmetic Dentistry - Porcelain Veneers
Has anyone had them done Question Question If so how much is it and are you happy with results
Really would love to have them
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:31 pm 
Post subject:
I was going to post a topic similar to this as I'm interested too. My teeth are naturally slightly yellow due to chicken pox when I was small so would love pearly whites Smile I've heard it's a couple of hundred pounds but I may be wrong x x
BandaPanda
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:32 pm 
Post subject:
I dont have the veneers, but I have 4 porcelain bridges (whole teeth) - they were more expensive but the porcelain looks just likes real tooth! I would defo say porcelain looks best!

I had to have them as my childhood dentist removed 4 PERMANENT teeth in error - he was supposed to take out 4 baby teeth!
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:39 pm 
Post subject:
thanxs girls lets hope someone knows the price
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:58 pm 
Post subject:
just had a quick google and price is ranged £300- £500 per veneer which sounds about right I suppose

http://www.privatehealth.co.uk/private-dentistry/cd-whatdoesitcost/

or go on a dental holiday - they are £200 a tooth
http://www.dentalholiday.co.uk/porcelain_veneers.html
Very Happy
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:00 pm 
Post subject:
thanx honey Very Happy
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:24 pm 
Post subject:
My private dentist will charge anything from £500 up just for the veneers. You also will be charged possibly for initial consultation, xrays, moulds and fittings. They are not as expensive as some people think. I have heard of some new ones (can't remember name) that are more lightweight and supposed to not cause as much pain and sensitivity.
Ohhh let us know if you get them done, me and dh want to have them done for different reasons but don't know anyone who has done it.
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:11 pm 
Post subject:
You can get Porcelain veneers anywhere in America Europe or Asia at the cost from 500$ to 1100$. http://veneerscost.org/dental-veneers/how-much-do-veneers-cost/
nds
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:49 am 
Post subject:
why would you want porcelain veneers? to do a veneer, we have to drill into the tooth a little bit, you're taking away sound tooth if it's completely for cosmetic purpose, taking away sound teeth leaves a risk of nerve damage etc blah blah blah. if you do want cosmetic treatment done, porcelain is the best but here in the uk you will pay the price. note if you do go away, your dentist will most likely not do anything with that veneer, if you need something doing to it, it is not his reponsibility - if he touches it, he is then responsible for it and usually they won't do it as it wasn't their work in the first place. if the veneer fails, you then have to have a crown, taking away more of the tooth and leaving even more risk of nerve damage, if the nerve fails, that's the crown being taken off, you having a root canal treatment - which is not at all pleasant - and then having to pay for a new crown to be put back on. if that fails, you risk losing the tooth altogether. think about it, it's a lot of money and a lot of risk just to 'look good'. but like i said if you want to go ahead, porcelain is your best bet yes. x
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:54 pm 
Post subject:
Also ....don't they have a short life-span? I used to watch all those makeover shows when they were on 5 or 6 years ago. I'm sure that they said the veneers need replacing after 10 years. Has anyone else heard this? Sounds like it's not just the initial payout, you'll be paying again and again and again (depending on how old you are to start with!).

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
This post has been pulled up from 2009 lol all because of an advertiser.
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
Ahhh .....I didn't spot the date. Silly me!

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
StaceyRD
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
Locking because of the advertiser. Sorry I didn't spot this sooner ladies! x

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular