IVF buddies

Lizziej
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:51 pm 
Post subject: IVF buddies
I'd love to hear how people going through IVF cycles are doing and what they are experienceing.

I am just beginning the process. Paper work is all signed. Estimated egg retrival is March 25th.

I live in the states- outside of NYC. I'm 40 years old, so my chances are less than ideal. The dr. is assisting the sperm by injecting into the egg and helping the embryo with assited hatching. He is worried due to my age that the outer shell of my eggs are thick.

In December I had endrometriosis, polyips and a small fibroid removed- so I am all cleaned out and just waiting for this to happen.

Where is everyone else in the IVF cycle?

Lizzie

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21d047
JANEYLOU
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:41 am 
Post subject:
hi lizzie xxx
my friends just done her 1st ivf and it worked but unfortunately she m/c at 8 weeks so shes just gonna start her 2nd round xxxxxxx
just wanted to say good luck sweet xxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
Lizziej
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:54 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Janeylou-

I am so worried about all that can go wrong. It seems next to impossible with all the control the doctors are taking- but still, I might not produce strong eggs, the eggs may not start dividing properly, it might not implant- and then after I get the positive their is always the m/c to worry about.

I'm telling all the young teachers I work with that if they want children, they should wait until they are married. I waited to be married and I have very limited time to really have this happen.

Lizzie

redbunny
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:37 am 
Post subject: IVF
Hi Lizzie

I am going through IVF at the moment (2nd attempt due to first one being abandoned). I am pleased to say that I will be having the eggs transferred tomorrow and can't wait but like you I am worried whether it will all go ok as I am sure you can't fully relax until the 3 months is up and even then I guess you are worried until you have that healthy baby in your arms! My eggs were retrieved on Monday and it was really straightforward. You are sedated and don't feel a thing, it was over in 20 minutes and apart from a constant cramping feeling (a bit like bad period pains) I am okay. I got the phone call from the unit yesterday and 14 of my 19 eggs have fertilised so praying that all goes well tomorrow. We have been trying for 3 years and all the tests have shown that there is nothing wrong with either of us so it is really frustrating that it has not happened naturally!

Wishing you all the best, let us know how you get on and if you have any questions then just let me know xx
JANEYLOU
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:58 am 
Post subject:
just wanted to say good luck for 2morrow hun xxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
Lizziej
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:51 pm 
Post subject:
Good Luck tomorrow- You certainly have grown some nice eggs.

Lizzie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular