wind

mummieeee
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:58 pm 
Post subject: wind
when we try to wind my son he rarely brings any wind up but.... he will break wind often, when he does this it seems to cause him a great deal of discomfort. he is breast fed and i watch what i eat so as not to cause him any problems. it is so distressing to see him crying when he's breaking wind. has anybody any ideas as to what might be causing this (he's nearly 11 weeks old) we can be sat patting and rubbing his back for ages but the wind never comes up it always goes down. help!!!!!
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:39 am 
Post subject:
hi hun, i have the same problem with my 7 week old girl, it usually results in her being sick before she feels better! I breastfeed too, so am surprised at the amount of wind she gets, especially at night when im trying to lie her on her back,

ive noticed, she is taking air in when she is feeding her mouths come away after each 'suck', and i just cant stop it!! Have u noticed this problem?

My health visitor told me to try drinking camomile tea, i havent tried it yet, but am going to.

other than that, we give her a dose of gripe water and then i raise her up on my chest, her head over my shoulder and tap her back, she usually burps or is sick.

She has no probs passing wind, but sometimes strains to poo... she isnt constipated though, as its liquidy still. Has your health visitor recommended anything? its so frustrating isnt it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular