Hi ladies

son1aT
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:24 pm 
Post subject: Hi ladies
Hi
My name is Sonia and I have recently found out I am pregnant. I am 5 weeks tomorrow, due on the 14th April. I wanted to know if there were any other women out there with the same due date as me?

Have you had any symptoms and are you worrying that everything is OK?

I have had sore boobs, mild cramps and mood swings. However today I feel quite normal apart from being tired. Although the symptoms are a pain I would rather have them than not, as them seem to reassure me that everything is still OK. Bit worried today as I haven't felt anything.

Anyway...would be nice to hear from some of you.

x
katedferg
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:56 am 
Post subject: Hi Sonia
This is Kathy in the U.S. Our baby's expected due date is April 12th. I think that puts me at 5 weeks and 3 days or so. I have been very, very tired and have had a few bouts with nausea...but nothing too serious. Yesterday, my husband and I went to eat lunch at a place that is also a brewery. As soon as we opened the door, I started to gag! I think the smell of the beer was getting to me...we had to leave immediately. Pretty strange...so I guess I am getting sensitive to certain smells.

I am an older mom-to-be...I'm 38. My initial blood test was concerning 'cause my hcg level was lower than my doc had expected. But we tested 48 hours later and now all is well. We go in for our first ultrasound on Aug. 24th.

I don't think there is any need to worry about anything now. We both have many, many months ahead of us!! I luckily have several friends who are pregant but due very soon. I have been going to them with lots of questions. Let me know if you have more and I will pump them for answers!!

Best,
Kathy
Hedgar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:03 pm 
Post subject: Hello!
Hi. We have been trying for a couple of months and had a positive test yesterday on my husband's birthday. We found out the same day that his brother's wife is also expecting (although we couldn't tell them about us!!!) It's really exciting as they live in Canada (we are in UK) and they don't see each other much but they'll both be going through the same fatherhood traumas!

I have been to the doctor who confirmed the pregnancy. She didn't calculate my due date though, but several websites have said that it's the 22nd April. So I'm 4 weeks and 2 days. I haven't had any symptoms as yet, although my boobs have been really sore around my period for the past 4/5 months. (They are fine now!) I felt a bit sick with the smell of fish abput a week ago but we'd had a particularly "fishy" week with one thing and another!

Let's keep our fingers crossed so that we can tell everybody soon! Razz

Last edited by Hedgar on Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
emmy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:03 pm 
Post subject: Hi Ladies
Watch ya girlies,

Have known for 2 weeks now that im pregnant with my 3rd and am due 11th april, you would think that by now i would know all the answers to all the questions but trust me i don't i still worry about every twinge and sympton just like i did with my 1st.
I've got my 1st midwife appointment on the 28th aug am looking forward to that as it makes me feel that its all real plus im not far off of having the 1st scan and getting a glimpse of my baby.

Hope your all keeping well and are getting enough naps.x
Hedgar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:07 pm 
Post subject: Good luck and goodbye!
I enjoyed the miracle of pregnancy for 5 days. It was fun while it lasted, but sadly this current trip has finished for me. I wish you all the best. No one ever said that this pregnancy thing could be so hard! Let's hope I have better luck next time.

Cheerio.

x x x
maybebaby
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
hi, my name is Aimee, i found out a couple of weeks ago, and i do actually share the same due date as yourself!

I'm feeling sick constantly but fortunately nothing has come up yet! lol! also have had a couple of stomach cramps which is a bit worrying but my midwife has said not to worry as it is completely normal. I've also had really sore boobs, driving me crazy as i normally sleep on my front, but have just dicovered its not the best position to sleep in.

I keep worrying aswell, about everything from will i be a good parent, will i cope with no sleep, will myself and my partner be able to affors the costs of a baby, and every little niggle. Haven't really felt much either yet, but thats completely normal at this stage. My midwife said that a lot of people don't feel pregnant til they have their first scan, so let me know how that goes.

My mood swings are driving my partner up the wall but i'm afraid its just all part of it. Just can't help yourself sometimes. Just all those hormones rushing around, supposed to calm down soon, i hope so for his sake! lol!

It hasn't really sunk in for me yet though, has it for you? ever want to chat send me a message. nice to know we share a due date. good luck Very Happy
katfrog
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:42 pm 
Post subject: Hi
Hi. Found out I was pregnant yesterday- after some searching on the internet found a calendar which worked out I am about 5 weeks pregnant due around the end of April.

So far have had very sore boobs. I have felt a bit queasy but not been sick. Yet!
Keep getting twinges, which scare me a little but from reading other peoples comments this seems normal.

Got first appointment with GP tomorrow to get confirmed and find out what I'm supposed to do next (it will be our first baby)

Scared, excited, nervous all at the same time. Can't wait to tell people but hubby wants to keep it a secret for a few months.
lissa
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:36 pm 
Post subject:
hi all found out im pregnant 2wks ago so im 7 weeks and 5days pregnant still trying to take it in im due on 13th april and ive got my first booking inn appointment on wednesday getting a little anxious but hopefully all goes well. ive not had any morning sickness yet but felt sick quite a lot and extremly tired .it does help that im doing final preparations for my wedding on 29th sept 07 getting close and i also woke up with a cold thismorning so feeling quite sorry for myself haha does anybody know what you take for a cold wilst pregnant Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2008 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular