1st AF after mc

kimmers1kim
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:15 am 
Post subject: 1st AF after mc
Hi,
Just a query. My AF has just started this morning, the first since my mc in January, and boy has it started!! (sorry if tmi)
Is this normal that it has come on so heavy right from the start my AF normally lasts approx 5 days and I have 1 light day 1 medium day 1 heavy day and then it tails off again.

Has any one else experienced this?? Just want to know if it's something I should worry about.

Kim
xx
PlainJane
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:34 am 
Post subject:
Morning Kim,

yes, don't worry. Every period after mc can be different. Mine was quite heavy and lasted a bit longer too. Hopefully now it's started, you know where you are again and can start planning for the future.

All the best
Sian
x
kimmers1kim
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:17 am 
Post subject:
Cheers for that.

I am just sitting here at work now wishing I could go home and curl up with a hot water bottle, don't remember it hurting this much before, but then maybe it is to be expected!!!

Lets get this over and bring on the BD'ing, the OH is really keen to try again and so am I, to make it worse I have recieved an email this morning with pictures of a baby born on 28th January from a girl my Mum used to child mind and who I helped raise when she was at our house, arrrgggg!!!!

Kim
xx
kayleyfluffybabyBUM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:10 am 
Post subject:
heya i just wanted to say ive had irregular periods almost all my mestruating life due to contraceptive methods but when they did come they were quite medium and then tailed off but since the mc theyve all been quite heavy especially the first after the mc and the first lasted longer then my average period
Zacky was born June 26th 2011
Pip was born October 17th 2012
Spencer was born 5th August 2013 (6 weeks early)
minkymog
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kim,

Sorry to hear about your MC in January. I had mine at the end of December, right between Christmas and New Year and AF arrived on the 27th January. I would go so far as to say that in some respects it was worse than the mc, most definately when it came to the amount of blood that I lost, at least it seemed that way. The pain was awful, much worse than my normal AF would be, but not as bad as the actual mc itself. It also lasted longer than my normal AF would have - I would usually bleed for 3 days, this one went on for well over a week.

I think that whilst it's pretty grim, it's just your body in a bit of a spin after the mc. I'm sure things will settle down for you soon enough. I am no expert, but I do think a heavy AF after a mc is quite normal.

Hang in there.
x
shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:09 pm 
Post subject:
They reckon that your first af after m/c is usually heavy due to the fact your body still produces progesterone, which thickens the lining of the uterus for upto 6 weeks after a m/c,
Hope thats of help
xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular