Yikes - its time

Jbab
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:22 pm 
Post subject: Yikes - its time
Hi all

I find myself here so soon!! On 3rd January we lost our lovely son at 22 weeks. My hubby and I both wanted to try again as soon as poss (age doesn't let us sit on the fence too long!). Anyway, I have had my first period (doctors said as long as I have one period then its ok) and today is the day I would usually ovulate. Trouble is, if we decide to go for it (sorry tmi!) then if I fell pregnant then there would be no going back. I am just so scared that we will lose the next precious baby too. Not sure I could cope with that.

Sorry for offloading. Just wanted to put down my fears.

Thank you.

xx
ClaireH77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:05 pm 
Post subject:
I am so sorry to hear about your loss,
I can only speak from my experience, and although my baby was no where near 22 weeks i feel that no matter when i get pg again i'll be terrified.
i had an early scan at 8 weeks due to some spotting a week before and everything was ok, we then had a private nuchal scan and never even considered the possibility that something would be wrong. the scan person told us that the baby had died at 9 weeks.
we were told to wait a month but we could see no reason to except to help with dating the pregnancy so we started again straight away and if i was to go on my previous cycles i would be ovulating some point over this weekend.
i know that nothing will ease my mind and fears if and when i get that BFP but i'm willing to take that risk to have a baby.
you'll know when your ready and maybe it's too soon for you, it doesn't matter if it is, just do what feels right not what you feel you should do.
hope this helps
if you need anything just pm me
claire x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular