1st period after childbirth....

Fayebelle
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:54 pm 
Post subject: 1st period after childbirth....
I'm bottle feeding my 11week old baby and have done since she was born. I bled for 5-6 week after she was born. I still haven't had a period though. Is this normal?

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya Fayebelle

yep, totally normal. Soem women seem to get them immediately, some take months and months. Breastfeeding is supposed to hold them off longer, although I fed for 3 months and had 1st period 5 weeks after giving birth, so there's always odd ones. Average seems to be about 3 months or so.

Just make sure you've not missed it cos ur pregnant again Wink
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:29 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply, I thought it might be normal but just needed a bit of advice... As you do!
Gosh, I don't know how I'd feel if I was pregnant again... I was stopping at two so I could get my hip replacement. I think I'll check, stressing might keep it away longer! I only wanted it to arrive so I could start my pill.
xx

rockystar
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Fayebelle, just wondering if ur periods have returned yet? i still havent got my first one and my little one is coming up to 10 weeks old, im bottle feeding x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular