Ambivilant about results...

kerplunk
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:20 am 
Post subject: Ambivilant about results...
I had a lap and dye done on wednesday and my gyno came to see my OH after op, whilst i was still in recovery to tell him what they did. He told him they removed my left tube because it was hydrosalpinx and beyond repair. Apparrantly this was down to a 'congenital malformation' - so basically i was born with it and it just grew this way, it wasn't anything i did or nothing i could have done to prevent it. He said that now that the tube has gone it makes IVF more likely but also that i could get pregnant on our own because the inhospitable environment in my womb that the hydrosalpinx was creating is no longer an issue. He also said that my right tube was "perfect".
I'm quite confused Confused So only having one tube makes IVF more likely but the damaged tube being removed gives me a better chance of conceiving naturally? We don't have a follow-up clinic appointment for another six weeks, to discuss the results and i think i'm gonna go stark-raving mad by then. We're foregoing BD'ing this cycle, until i'm completely better, i'm still in quite a bit of pain and discomfort, but will definately be trying again next cycle.
Also i had a 36 day cycle last month but the previous one was 29 and when i had all my hormone tests my consultant said from what they could tell i had (on average) a 31 day cycle and i was OVing on day 17. But with such irregular cycles how can i really tell? Hubby said we should just BD from day 12 onwards, is this a good idea?
Apologies for the long post but i'm feeling very confused at the moment Sad

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hello, I havent gone through this so dont know anything about it. As for when you ov I would say just bd every 2-3 days throughout the month and you'll cover it whenever it happens. Hopefully you'll get your BFP naturally now the damaged tube is gone. Good luck.
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kerplunk,
have you thought about taking vitex and maca root? The vitex works on your cycle making them regular, reducing PMT and evening out your hormones. Maca root keeps your tubes healthy and improves sex drive. If youre still feeling a bit rought i would suggest taking some arnica - it will help with the bruising.

Julie xxxxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
kerplunk
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:08 am 
Post subject:
Thank you Juliewoo, i'd never heard of any of them before, but i'll definately look into taking the vitex and maca root in order to regulate my cycles a bit more. Thank you ever so much. Take care.x Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular