Likes and Dislikes?

kerry29771
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:49 am 
Post subject: Likes and Dislikes?
Just interested to know: what food and drink did you go off when you were pregnant and what cravings did you have? I love coffee but couldn't bear even the smell. I also went off orange juice which was a major disappointment as I practically lived on it. My son is 4 months now and I am back on the oj again (just) but still can't stand coffee. I craved cream of chicken soup with bread ripped up into it and minstrels. Fairly normal stuff. Anyone out there with strange cravings?
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:55 am 
Post subject:
hi i was the same with coffee and went of chicken loved ham egg and chips yummmy lol xxx
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:59 am 
Post subject:
Ooh. That sounds lovely. One of the hardest things for me was not being alowed eggs with a runny yolk Sad
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:01 am 
Post subject:
i still eat them i would cry if they wernt runny lol xxxx at the min i love ice
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:24 pm 
Post subject:
I can't stand carrots just now or pasta which is weird cos it's something i ate all the time before. Went through a stage at the start of trimester of eating tonnes of pizza all day every day for about 3 weeks, from around 6wks-14wks I ate fruit salad like it was going out of fashion - had to be really juicy and the luxurious type that you get in M&S!!!! Was quite pricey!!!. Now I am cakes......LOVE scones, cherry bakewells, sponge cakes, all the time! Can't get enough. Also have a thing for cranberry juice just now xxx
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, ive craved all the things you cant have right from the start of 5 weeks pregnant like runny yolk on egg,prawn cocktail,salami,pate',and now im 31 weeks im craving soap powder....!!!!!!!!! not to eat but to sniff.....all kinds and softners..!!! how strange....... Confused
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
omg me tooo the new bold i love it looking for washing all the time lol xxxx
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:50 pm 
Post subject:
lolol.....how strange,yeah i know what you mean,im constantly seeking wet washing or getting a bowl of hot water with powder in just to sniff......!!! Im glued to the aisles in the supermarkets that have all the washing powders and softners along them...get some strange looks coz im sniffing the bottles or packets....... Razz lolol xxxxx
tealbutterfly
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:00 pm 
Post subject:
at the beginning loved cheese, cheese on anything suited me fine, also had a thing for salt and vinegar, so on chips, crisps anything. that wore off but instead of loving certain foods i have gone off a few, can't really stand chicken...and i love nandos but no reason to go in there anymore. Brown rice....just the thought, i could be sick and i use to adore cranberry juce before pregnancy. My friends and family would always make sure there was some for when i came round, and now i visit them and they are so shocked! Urgh it just used to add to that horrible taste it my mouth i used to get.
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
I dont have any cravings, just went off a lot of things Sad can only seem to eat two mouth fulls & im full then hungry an hour later! I cant stand milk in my tea now, but love really milky coffee which i didnt even drink before, its the smell, mmmm lol
cant stand the smell of washin powder now, i have to rinse my clothes about five times before i can bring my self to get them out of the machine lol cant even go into other peoples houses its that bad Laughing not been sick once though lol xx
Marmalade
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:50 pm 
Post subject:
I've gone off coffee too and I used to drink loads. The shop I work in offers fresh perculated coffee to our customers and I hate the smell so much that I have to hold my breath whilst I'm getting it for them. Laughing I'm so glad the weather is changing and we've stopped doing it, offering orange juice instead.
Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:49 am 
Post subject:
Wow I cant beleve how many people went off coffee, it shows that the bodies warning system must be working well Very Happy Its recommended that you stop drinking coffee during pregnancy anyway because of the caffeine, same as energy drinks, I really missed my Red Bull. I had a real thing for cucumber and peanut butter sandwiches, yes thats rite, mixed together. Um...I actually still eat them to, YUM!!! Also banana and peanut butter on toast. SOOOOO GOOOOOD
Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:05 pm 
Post subject:
Before I even knew I was pregnant, I had gone off coffee, tea and alcohol (in fact, it was only when I read an article on bbc news about statistical evidence for a link between caffeine and early miscarraige that I twigged and decided to do a test...).

The smell of coffee made me feel a queasy (still does a bit now), whereas tea just tasted totally bland no matter how long I brewed it for. Before I was pregnant, I used to drink a couple of glasses of wine every Friday evening with dinner, but I just lost the taste for it totally. Weird, but kind of clever how the body just "knows" what's good for the baby and what isn't.
Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:03 pm 
Post subject:
I have gone off meat haha it's really strange! I love the smell of freshly cut grass was just standing outside of work 2day sniffing Laughing people must of thought i was bonkers i also love ice cant have a drink unless there is sum in!
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am 
Post subject:
Hey has anyone smelt the Bold apple blossom & lime zest,&.. Bold crushed silk....YUMMMMM....(sorry im addicted to the soappy suds..lol Laughing ) x
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular