Bleeding after having baby

xMandyx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:33 pm 
Post subject: Bleeding after having baby
Just a quick question - How long did you bleed for after giving birth? I'm particularly interested if you've had a c-section. Chloe is 9 days old now and my bleeding seems to be just as heavy if not heavier than straight after I had her. I saw the midwife today who said my uterus isn't contracting down properly so don't know if it's anything to do with this. I just feel like it's never going to end!

jules77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi...i found that my bleeding was only heavy for 2 days after my c section then it went into a brown discharge which did last weeks and when Alex was 7 weeks old it turned into a proper period for 5 days and stopped. Everyone is different but i do think maybe it has something to do with uterus,,but then again im not a dr....I am sure you will be fine...i know its not nice but it will get better..julesx

VickieAndSophie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya Mandy
My baby Sophie is nearly 4 weeks and I had a c-section too. I have been bleeding (not huge amounts) since. It seems to ba calming down now though, v small amount through the day, mostly like a brown discharge.
A quick question for you, how are you healing? my scar was like a long sausage at first but some parts seem to be healing and flattening down. The thing is today I have been having a few tummy cramps, like mild period pains. I wonderd if this was normal. Do you feel like this?
jules77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
i had 2 lots of antibiotics as i had an infection in my scar. I am sure that the period like cramps are exactly that...perhaps your coming on a proper period i doubt very much that its anytthing to do with c section...or thinking bout it it could be your uterus contracting back....dont worry though unless its really unbearable then i would go get checked ny the docs...xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular