Raspberry Leaf Tea

zandersmum
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:04 am 
Post subject:
hi ive heard about the raspberry leaf tea so it helps wth labour i thought it help to bring on labour so what does t actually do and when should i start drinking it ? can it harm baby at all
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:06 am 
Post subject:
Hello all....i had my anc at the hospital yesterday,& asked the consultant about the raspberry tea,he seemed to think thers a myth in the workings of it but as with all herbal remedies caution should be used when taking them as he said that if you take the tablets or tea before 32weeks it can bring on prem labor...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so be careful girls....xxx
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:09 am 
Post subject:
sare is correct, you shouldnt take this tea till late in the pregnancy. It just helps soften everything really which can reduce the chance of tearing and helps to relax the muscles a bit more too.
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:14 am 
Post subject:
Its safe to drink & wont harm the baby,its suppose to be quite nice & good for you,but always follow the instructions on the packets & if you have any unusual symptoms stop taking it & inform ur gp or midwife.......x
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:42 am 
Post subject:
it is safe my midwife told me to take it, it softens the cerfix so u dont tear and rip, and it does help, promise, but dont take it till it says so on the box, and u soon get used to the taste, lha ha, 3 cups a day, one in morning one at lunch time and one in evening, thats all, and too all thats over due, prune juice is great, tastes horrible but works!!!!! good luck all xxxxx
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:57 am 
Post subject:
Ha ha ha....yes prune juice,just be sure not to drink to much,i bought a bottle for ease constipation,only i drank half the bottle in one go then suffered with tummy ache,wind for two days and didnt help at all with bowel movements..!!!! Sad
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:02 am 
Post subject:
no way, i drank it for a day and soon went into labour, but doesnt it taste bloody awful, every mouthful was grim ha ha xx
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:05 am 
Post subject:
yeah its not the nicest thing to have to drink......never again..lolol.xx
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular