belly play & autism

sylvie2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:34 am 
Post subject: belly play & autism
Hi,

My little boy is 3 months and I've started to give him belly play time for the last few weeks but he absolutely hates it and starts crying after a couple of minutes. I heard this is an indicator for autism. Is that true or are there a lot of normal babies who hate 'tummy time'?

He does smile a lot, and I'm sure he responds to our smiles. He makes some eye contact, but not a huge amount, but he is only 3 months...

Many thanks,

Sarah
wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:16 am 
Post subject:
he sounds perfectly normal to me (obviously im not a doctor though) but when andrew was 3 months he HATED tummy time with a passion so much so he started getting a flat head from being on his back so much, now though he is 6months old and loves tummy time because he can roll about etc... also the smiles are a good sign too i think because autistic children dont respond to social situations etc dont quote me on that though lol

anyways like i said he sounds perfectly normal to me... also have you ever lay on ur tummy like they have to?... try it!! i did and its mightily uncomfortable!!! do perservere though!! tummy time is fab and builds up their muscles Very Happy
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
ive never heard that b4
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:06 pm 
Post subject:
err i dont really agree with that theory, my dybs loved being on his tummy as a baby and he has autism!! x

alady
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:05 pm 
Post subject:
My 13 year old has aspergers syndrome (autism) and he loved tummy time! All babies are different.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Special Needs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular