42 pregnant have a 7yr and 16month

Tricky22
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:35 am 
Post subject: 42 pregnant have a 7yr and 16month
Hi all
Being 42 and expecting again is so wonderful. If anyone had said that this would happen when I was in my 20's I would have run a mile. The biggest problem is a total lack of energy even just at 19weeks. Never managed to shift baby weight so as well as looking after toddler, carrying excess weight and working from home I dont get much chance to rest. Anyone got any helpful advice. Also wondering about maternity trousers as I still have a jelly belly and a bump and at 14 stone I just cant seem to get the right fit. The trousers either go all the way over or go under the mummy tummy and fall down! Yikes! Gotta fini toddler needs me
HohLee
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:57 pm 
Post subject:
i found some jeans from new look that fitted me well xx
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:35 pm 
Post subject: Re: 42 pregnant have a 7yr and 16month
Tricky22 wrote:
Hi all
Being 42 and expecting again is so wonderful. If anyone had said that this would happen when I was in my 20's I would have run a mile. The biggest problem is a total lack of energy even just at 19weeks. Never managed to shift baby weight so as well as looking after toddler, carrying excess weight and working from home I dont get much chance to rest. Anyone got any helpful advice. Also wondering about maternity trousers as I still have a jelly belly and a bump and at 14 stone I just cant seem to get the right fit. The trousers either go all the way over or go under the mummy tummy and fall down! Yikes! Gotta fini toddler needs me
Quote:

hi, just joined the forum. you must have given birth to your new baby by now, congrats! i've been trying to get pregnant since i was 32 to no avail, so we decided to adopt a baby from asia who's now 2 years old. we're still trying to get pregnant at age 39, and a lot of adoptive parents conceived after adopting... best to you and take it easy!
Maturemum
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
well done you- a lot on your plate! remember to make time to relax, let your OH take some of the strain. My daughter is 12 and I am still carrying baby weight and making number 2 now! I can relate to the jelly belly issue as I have tummy but no hips! I live in my H&M maternity jeans, top shop also have some nice ones. I bought maternity trousers last week from new Look and they look nice , but do tend to fall down. As for the advice to buy your pre- pregnancy size- nonsence , everything is huge so I am buying a size down for a better fit- good luck mum !
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:16 pm 
Post subject:
hi all
just found out i'm pregnant,which is a very big shock as we thought we would be deciding on uni's and colleges(got 17yr and 15yr lads) not which pram and cot we want lol Smile
BabyMilly
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
Ha ha know how you feel, I've a 13 and 19 year old and now an 8 month old!

Must admit, I'm really enjoying this one Smile
Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there
41 year old, trying to get pregnant. have a 14year old and 4 year old. nothing wrong with wanting another one, as long as you healthy and happy.
xx
klmtom
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:24 pm 
Post subject: 42 and mommy again
Hi all Im 42 and just had a baby boy almost 3 months ago.. Im lovin it! I have two daughters who are almost 20 and 17. I think being an older mother and having older children makes you really value each day. I spent a lot of time with my girls growing up I was a very active mother. Field trips, sports just spent as much time with them as I could. Dont you find as new mothers again after many years you can really respect( as we know how fast our children grow up) every moment.

As for the extra weight I was very lucky I thought for sure at my age I would have a hard time with weight. I only gained 19 pounds my pregnancy and thankfully my metabolism is working good. Im sure toning wont be much of a problem either when this little guy starts moving about and I gotta chase him down lol.
michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there, i also managed to have our beautiful baby girl after 2 miscarriages. she was born 18 march and we are so blessed. being an older mom is wonderful, little tiring, but all worth it!xxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
michelletv wrote:
Hi there, i also managed to have our beautiful baby girl after 2 miscarriages. she was born 18 march and we are so blessed. being an older mom is wonderful, little tiring, but all worth it!xxx

agree totally

xx
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hi - this thread is really great to read. Smile I have a little boy (7 years old today!) and just this week experienced my second silent miscarriage in 2 years.
Michelletv - it's great to hear you had such a positive outcome after the same experience. Haven't lost hope but it's nice to read about success stories. Smile xx
klmtom
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:40 pm 
Post subject: dont lose hope
Dont lose hope I too suffered two miscarriages before my little boy came along. One happened when I was almost 3 months and the other happened at 6 weeks.
Nelliedean
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the post - it's good to get the support and hear about success stories. Smile x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Older Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular