too young for a junior bed?

wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:01 am 
Post subject: too young for a junior bed?
when baby 2 comes along andrew will be more or less 1 year old. is he too young for a junior bed? we have been noseying around and have found 1 in ikea

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S89829082

it has 3 and a half sides so i doubt he will be able to fall out and they say you can give a quilt at a year? id rather do this than buy another cot when andrew will be out of his in a year.

am i being silly?
tinajane
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:09 am 
Post subject:
my daughter is 1 and my son is due in 2 wks,
shes still in her cot and i wont b puttin her in a junior bed till shes older, im jus gonna buy another cot wen my son needs it,
i dont really think its safe puttin them in a junior bed at such a young age,
x x x

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:26 am 
Post subject:
same as tina I'm afraid wriggler

Isaac has a cotbed rather than a cot, so he'll stay in that. Millie will have a cot (hopefully donated by SIL!) then when she's ready for the cotbed we reckon Isaac will be OK for a junior bed. I don't think I'd be happy moving him to a bed until he's about 2.5 or coming up for 3 really.
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:28 pm 
Post subject:
i put robyn in a bed when she was 1 and it worked out great. she has never fallen out and loves climing in by herself like her big sister. she has a bed guard just in case but keeps pulling it off!!!!
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
louise is still in her cot. but its up to you as long as hes safe if you think he will be ok in a cot.

and yes u cud giv him a cot bed quilt.

Atana
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:54 am 
Post subject:
My first son refused to sleep in a cot and ended up in our bed every night. At just over 1 we let him sleep on a futon, so that if he fell out of bed he wouldn't have far to fall! (I know I sound like a very uncaring parent!) I wouldn't have thought there would be anything wrong in letting your little one sleep in a junior bed - if it has some sides then he probably wont fall out and I think you may be able to get extra guards for beds. Alternatively put lots of pillows and cushions on the floor to start with so that if he does fall out he will have a nice soft landing! I

Jump to:  

Community

Popular