confused!!

casper1
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:05 pm 
Post subject: confused!!
I have been to my consultant today after having 3 m/c,i thought i was going to have some tests to see why i have possibly m/c.
Was really disapointed and dont know why i bothered,all he did was look at my blood tests i had done after my d & c and said everything looked fine apart from 1 thing (didnt explain what) but he said it wasnt anything to worry about.He then told me when i get pregnant again to take 75mg of asprin again didnt explain why.Didnt offer any other test or even a follow up appointmen i feel so confused.
I googled the asprin thing and it said...Investigators believe aspirin will help thicken the uterus lining, improving the odds an embryo will be implanted. They also think it will increase blood flow to the placenta, providing oxygen and nutrients to keep the fetus healthy and alive.

altho it can also be harmful and cause m/c if taking in adult doses.
friend
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun

Ive just been thru a 2nd m/c. Im having some tests done soon- theyre doing them but earlier than normal as I have fertility problems and having fertility treatment at mo. They said to me that a reason for example could be the blood being too thick and not getting thru the placenta the best it can. So it is true about the asprin, so that it thins the blood so that its able to flow better. Buyt only take when your doc has told you too and the correct dose. I dont know anything about taking it as yet as they havent said that this is a problem Ive been experiencing, but it could be. Im due to have a blood test this week so they can start all the tests on it, but I belive it is pretty much just a series of blood tests, altho I was led to believe there is some kind of scan too. Did they say anything about that to you?

Hope youre doing ok hun. Am here if you wanna talk xxx
casper1
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:52 am 
Post subject:
thanks for replying hunny im sorry to hear your having problems aswell.The doc didnt say anything really just what i put in first post havnt got to go back untill i fall pregnant and then it will be 4 an early scan.
just feel let down i guess,ive been having problems 4 years where i feel sick all the time and my boobs are leaking milk,have been docs about this lots of times and they just say its 1 of them things however when i got preg all that stopped.
just have to get on with it and see how things go i guess.hope everything goes well for you hunny xx
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls - I had my 2nd m/c about 2 weeks ago - they just did swabs for infections when they did my d and c and thats about all they will do for now. The aspirin is supposed to help, but you're right - I think you should only take take it if told to do so by the doctor else they would get every pg women to take it as a precaution!
Hope you two are ok - i'm doing ok generally but having up and down days - just want to get pg again really quickly! Please let me know how you both get on with tests. I hope we don't have to go through a mc again and our beans will stick next time. Lots of hugs. xxxx
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:32 pm 
Post subject:
so sorry about ur loss hunny,im hoping that im preg again due to test next week but im doubtful that i will be.just have to wait and see.
goodluck keep me posted xxx
friend
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya waiting4bfp

I really hope you have some good news to share soon, will be keeping my fingers crossed. If you feel really let down with your docs I would really let them know that, however awkward that you be. Id really push for further investigation, seeing as you're leaking milk and the sickness. It doesnt seem fair that you have to go thru this hun.

Hi Sarah, it seems like we went thru the last m/c at same time. Im sorry to hear that. I know what you want about wanting a bfp soon- however as I have PCOS I dont ovulate without the drug clomid and they wont give me it til all tests done, which sounds like its prob gonna be June/July til we can even ttc again Sad Thats making me really misarable.

Hope youre both ok. Stay strong girlies xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular