Weaning my baby off the bottle before bedtime

Newmom25
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:36 pm 
Post subject: Weaning my baby off the bottle before bedtime
I started this bad habit, and i cant get rid of it. My doctor said to start weaning my baby off the bottle and i did except for bed time. He cries so much if you put him in the crib without a bottle. He's 16 months. I'm afraid that it will affect his teeth and that he will be two and still drinking his bottle before bed. What should i do? Does any body have so useful tips? Should i give him milk in a sippy cup before bedtime?? Is his sutter better than the bottle?? Help me please.
New mom
ames
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
hi just a quick one my daughter is 19 months old and she still has a bottle some nights be 4 she goes to bed, i cannot see any harm in giving your little one a bottle if he still wants it,
he will soon let you know when he doesnt when he dont drink it all or just holds it for a while, just keep an eye on how much he drinks and the next time he dont drink it all just give him the same amount of what he drank not a full bottle and gradualy he might just come of it him self.
i wouldnt worrie too much about it as he is still only really a baby and still need the goodness out f the milk.

im a first mum as well so i know what its like worring about things like that
i would just take one day at a time.
amy.
carriedoneer
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:46 pm 
Post subject:
my mom told me we had bottles FOREVER until my brother started wetting his bed and then we were all "punished"together. i wouldnt worry. dont rock the boat. in time you will be able to do this. my mom said it took two weeks for us to stop crying sans bottle. a difficult two weeks im sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular