really down

missusMop
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:32 am 
Post subject: really down
hi everyone
Haven't been on for a week - was away for the weekend - edinburgh was great!

I am now on day 73 of my cycle and feeling very low because of it. I am going to the docs later today but feel as if I might just burst into tears. I am so fed up of not knowing what is happening with my hormones / cycle but the fact that I am not menstruating makes me so annoyed because I feel as though we haven't even got a chance of conceiving. I try to talk to my hubby but find it quite difficult because when he says things like "it will be fine or it'll work itself out" I hate it.

If there is anyone at all in a similar situation to this I would love to hear from you. I hate feeling this low - just want to cry at the slightest thing. I need to hear about other people getting good news - makes me feel like it might happen for us.

I have been taking my temp and it has ben slightly raised for a week now does that mean I could have ovulated? does it last that long? who knows??

Sorry for the long post Sad

xxx
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:43 am 
Post subject:
Morning hun -

Please don't feel down - I have been in a similar situation to you - I had a m/c in January and since then my cycle has been all over the place! The first one was 6 weeks and then I had a 58 day cycle! Really upset me cos I had no idea when to expect af, if and when I was ov, when to bd and when to test! I still don't know what's happening with my cycle or if I'm gonna have another long cycle. All I can say is that it's really good that your going to the docs and there are things that can be done to help you hun. The doctor should be able to give you something to regulate you more, which is what I'll do if I have another long cycle this time. Also, some people have advised me to take evening primrose oil or something called menolife so regulate your hormones and makes you more regular. I've heard that a lot of people find it easier to conceive once taking this so maybe ask your doctor about it? I'd be interested to hear what your doc feels! You're not alone hun, loads of us are having the same problem as you and it will be okay.
I am day 21 of my cycle now, had a bit of dark blood on day 19 and yesterday, so don't know what that was...have to wait and see.
Best of luck hun and I'm here if you need to talk okay. I know it's frustrating but your doc will help you and we'll all be here to support you emotionally!
Let me know how you get on. xxxxxxx
missusMop
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:53 am 
Post subject:
thanks so much Sarah23

I am so sorry for you that must have been very hard. I hope you get more regular soon. Like you say knowing when to BD/ test etc is so diffisult because your constantly thinking "I might miss it". I have a daughter who is 3 - she'll be 4 in Sept and with her I tried for a year and a half. But that time I came off the pill and wasn't regular at all - this time I came off and was regular straight away that is why I am confused.
i feel guilty for complaining because I ahve a daughter and I know some are trying for their first (are you?)but i do know what its lke and 2nd time round it is no easier.

My daughters childminder told me that she was irregular and when they realised she was pregnant (via the docs) she was something like 11 weeks but hadn't had a period for 18 so she must have ovulated somewhere along the line. I am hoping that is what is going to happen with me... and you. Smile

I cling on to positive stories - they help me loads. Thanks for getting in touch Sarah it really helps. I will def tell you tonight what happens at the docs. Blood test maybe?

xxxxx
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:08 am 
Post subject:
This is my first hun but like you said it doesn't make it any easier whether it's your first or second!
That story should be a comfort to you - you are likely to conceive when you least expect it hun - I would ask for a blood test because you could be pregnant now - a lot of people get negatives for ages! Have you had a symptoms - definitely ask if there's anything they can give you to regulate you more - i'll do that too!! It's just a waiting game isn't it!

Just remember - you can get pregnant and carry a healthy child full term - it took you a long time last time but you got there eventually and you will do again! Stay positve hun.

xxxxx
SarahandAnnabelle
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:55 am 
Post subject:
This is a really good topic. Thank u x
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:57 am 
Post subject:
Sorry my message should have gone under the previous topic. Perhaps my brain is bedazzled due to ovulating in 2 years.
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:58 am 
Post subject:
I have done it again is should have read 2 days. god sorry!!!
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:45 am 
Post subject: docs
Hi

Is Sarah23 there?
i went to the docs on Thursday and she was not as helpful or as friendly as the last time. She basically told me that they would probably not do anything until my periods have been missing for 6 months. i couldn't believe it. So I insisted on having a blood test to check my hormones which happened this morning - get the results on friday hopefully. I explained to her that we have been trying since October and I am 34 and she said they might be able to do something but she wasn't hopeful? I don't understand - if they have drugs that help start ovulation / hormone levels why make me wait another 4 months?

I just feel as if weeks, months are passing so quickly with nothing happening. I can't believe it will be June on Sunday - time is flying by.

Hope you are okay Sarah23 - forgive me if you have news but I haven't yet read the other TTC posts - will get straight on it.

xxxx
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hun -
I'm here! Was waiting to hear some news from you - I couldn't get on over the weekend though so glad you haven't written until today.

Hun i'm so sorry your doctor was unhelpful - why don't you try going to a nhs walk in center and get some advice if your gp isn't helping! I've heard loads of girls say on here that you can get given stuff and the fact she says you have to wait for another 4 months is crazy! Don't accept it. I've started trying a few things that girls have told me - at the mo, I don't know where I am in my cycle cos I had the little bleed and a few ov signs a few weeks ago which suggests I'm on a shorter cycle but I'm not having any symptoms of anything so don't reckon I have ovulated yet - would like to know what the blood was! My hormones have gone crazy though! I've started taking Evening Primrose Oil capsules which are supposed to help your cycle regulate a bit more by controlling hormones. I've also been recommended angus cactus which you can get from holland and barrett but you can only take that at certain times of your cycle. Also, try to do an outside activity to relax you a bit - stress prob isn't helping your periods - can't believe I'm saying that cos I've been soooo stressed all week - had an absolute nightmare with my hormones but that's normal! What day are you on now? Have you taken a pg test recently?

Keep your chin up - you'll be okay, i promise. xxxxxx
missusMop
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:28 pm 
Post subject: hello
hiya Sarah23

it sounds as though something is happening for you - are you tracking your temp at all?
if you have had some spotting then it could be ovulating or implantation??

You're right I won't accept it because it just seems cruel and unfair. I might start taking the evening primrose stuff too. I know my sis takes it to help with her PMS and she swears by it.
I did a test on Sunday which was neg - i just had to know one way or the other (otherwise I start obsessing over it)

I am dying to know the blood results so fingers crossed they will be in on friday. I think i am on day 76 ?- sick of counting now. i remember thinking I would be pregnant for my holiday and at this rate I will be lucky to get AF by then - 5 weeks time.

thanks for getting back in touch. I find it hard to get on here on a weekend - easier when i am at work!

xxx
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:36 pm 
Post subject:
Same here hun - I can only catch up whilst I'm at work and trying to hide my screen! Lol!

Best of luck for your results - I hope that it will make things clearer for you. Have you got any symptoms of af arriving. It's got to be soon surely? I've only been taking evening primrose since the end of last week so got to wait a bit - it says not to take vitamins or anything whilst your trying to conceive without asking medical help first but how are you supposed to conceive without taking it in the first place! Lol! I might start having a few glasses of wine in the week to relax me so that my body isn't so on edge when we're trying! Lol! I'm exactly like you in that I have no idea when to expect af, when to test, when I'm ovulating! It's awful! I have no idea how to tract temp etc, i had ewcm a few weeks ago and then about 6 days later had a bit of dark blood so got really excited thinking it could be implantation but since then haven't had any symptoms really rather than the odd twinge of stomach feelings and crazy hormones! Do you think I still could be?

Sorry you're having such a hard time hun. I'm here for you whatever happens.
xxxx
missusMop
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:56 pm 
Post subject:
so how long has it been since your last AF?
Sounds like you have a chance to me Smile when I was pregnant with my daughter I had no symptoms at all until about 7 weeks and then my boobs were sore. That was the only thing that changed for me.
You have def got a chance the timings sound about right to me too. You know that it is quite normal to get all the signs of AF even when you are preg.

XXX
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:19 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun - i'm hoping so. When I was last pregnant, i had really sore boobs but nothing else and don't know how far gone I was when I found out cos I found out at my scan that I had had a missed m/c so don't really know at what stage I was when I started to get symptoms! My last period 2nd May so I'm only on day 26 today. I suppose it's still quite early stages for me to be seeing a lot of obvious symptons - it would be miracle if i'm pg already though hun considering my cycles have been crazily long! I'm worried if I am as well though because I've been so stressed that I'm worried my body will just reject it again! It's stressful whatever happens!
Very comforting to know that you didn't have any symptoms until 7 weeks hun - keep hold of the fact that you still have your daughter which is fab and that you can get pg and have a healthy pregnancy. I'm trying not to look too much into little feelings but it's hard not to! I'm not taking a test until I see some symptoms or until I'm really late as I don't know when to expect af! Lol! xxxx
missusMop
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:56 am 
Post subject: blood results
Hi everyone - sarah23 are you there?

had the bllod results today well kind of - over the phone by a receptionist? and she said that the doctor had checked them and written normal next to each hormaone check. I now have an appointment with my doctor on 10th June to talk about the next step. Must be on Day 80 now.

If I have normal hormone readings then where have my ovulation and periods gone? Doesn't make any sense at all to me. Can this be right? I don't know if I can wait until the 10th June seems like years away.

very frustrated Evil or Very Mad

Hope you are all feeling more positive.
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:04 am 
Post subject:
Hey hunni,

Yeah I'm here - well that's a good sign that you're hormones are normal sweetie - there can be a number of reasons why you're not having af's. I read a post about someone who didn't have periods and she was pregnant all along and didn't get a pos until she was 10 weeks or so. There are things the doc can do whatever hun so just look at your appointment as a good moving forward step! It does seem a long time away but just think - the weekend will go really fast as it always does and then you only have to wait a week! I hope you get the answers you're looking for. have you tried taking evening primrose oil, menolife or angus cactus to help your cycle?

I'm feeling much better at the mo thanks hun - trying to stay positive but its hard with my up and down symptoms! No sore boobs, just shooting pains through them now and again and weird feelings in my tummy, some cramps, then pains, etc. I really don't know! I don't think i can test for a while either cos have no idea when af is due so longer I wait, hopefully the better chance of me getting bfp!
Hope you're okay hun. xxxxxxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular