SO ANNOYED (WARNING long post)

HoneyNurse
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:51 pm 
Post subject: SO ANNOYED (WARNING long post)
GRRR
I thought if you went private screw ups didnt happen......
Anyway as some of you will know my OH is booked in for his initial consultation for his vasectomy reversal...we seleceted Spire Southampton Hospital, i phoned then and booked the appointment and they said we need GP referal, but they booked the appointment anyway and said they just needed it for his notes, that was fine...appointment booked. So OH went to GP (who is great) and requested a referal and she sorted it and sent one.....anyway didnt hear anymore.
So yesterday Dan got a letter through from a private clinic on the Island that we live on saying an appointment had been made for us by the GP to see Mr Makunde The Islands consultant urologist who will do the op.
I phoned his secretary who said she had received the referal letter and booked us in..i apologised and said im sorry i think there is a mix up she sent it to the wrong hospital.
I phoned the GP who said that she sent the referal letter only to recieve one back saying that the surgeon we selected at spire wouldnt/couldnt do them any more, so our GP looked into it and found Mr Makunde a surgeon here would do it....she had left instruction to her secretary to inform me or OH and they didnt....but i booked the appoitment with spire and i have confirmation letter...so im annoyed that they told me one thing and the GP the other.....
Some good has come from it as Mr Makunde has a very good reputation and its on the Island.
Im just going to phone Spire to find out what happened.

Sorry for the long post.
ClairaBell
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:12 am 
Post subject:
HoneyNurse - I have replied on general too.

When Ian had his referral letter from the GP we just collected the letter ourselves and took it to our appointment. Its weird that the GP has forwarded this to another consultant without asking/informing you. xxx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:23 pm 
Post subject:
It has actually worked out for the better...
When i spoke to the GP she said that the secretary at the health centre should have informed us....but she didnt.
Our new surgeon will operate on the Island where we live, it is the same price, and he has a fantastic reputation!

[/i]
ClairaBell
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:34 pm 
Post subject:
Thats fantastic. I am guessing you live on Isle of Wight?
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:44 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah i live on the Isle of Wight , so its easier for the surgeon to do it here...otherwise poor Dan will have to travel on the ferry and the 45 mins drive home!

ClairaBell
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:16 pm 
Post subject:
Thats going to be so much better for you. xxx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:24 pm 
Post subject:
I replied on the general forum too but just wanted to say that I am glad it is has actually worked out better for you Razz
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
Ah hun, it's all for the best then Very Happy Good luck
October 2010 2nd ICSI, short protocol BFN
trying to raise funds for round 3, hoping to cycle august 2011
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular