my one year old will not go to bed any more

marieaitken
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:52 pm 
Post subject: my one year old will not go to bed any more
hi wondering if this as happenrd to anyone else my one year old girl who as slept though since 12 weeks an always gone down well wont fall asleep anymore.
we always give her a bath around 6ish and then in her room bottle after she has a bottle shes always been tired and falls asleep without a promblem but theses past few weeks shes been more awake after her bottle and battle to get her to sleep so much so we now bring her down stairs and put her in her pram and falls asleep watching tv this has become a habit now and ant attempt i try to brake doesnt work, control crying, later bed time ect.
can anyone help me?
joe12
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there,

Exactly same thing happened with my one year old. Can I ask how long you tried controlled crying for? My wee man was very stubborn and it took 5 days of controlled crying- well it was more crying down as when we went in to reassure him it made him worse!

It was extremely difficult and I wanted to give up as the first night he cried forever. But we persevered and it is fantastic now.

He goes down without a fuss at night and for naps.

Let me know how you get on and remember you are only letting baby cry-you are not making them cry.

good luck
joe12
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:21 pm 
Post subject:
Forgot to ask- how many naps does your little one have throughout the day?

We had to cut late afternoon one out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular