Pains after AF after a M/C question

DueInSpring
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:24 pm 
Post subject: Pains after AF after a M/C question
I had a Missed M/C and had a D&C on the 13th Jan, 6 weeks exactly later I had my 1st AF it was really painful! Normally I am on for 4 days but this time I was on for 6 my AF finished Monday but still got really bad tummy cramps. 2 days ago I had to stop walking and crouch down in the street because it hurt alot and it's still there is this normal? It comes and goes. The cramps feel like I'm having another miscarriage/labour pains/period pains all in 1 but I'm not pregnant as a test came up with a BFN Shocked

Do you think I should bother my Dr. with this or wait and see with some Ibuprofen?
The cramps come and stay a while then go. Confused

Dolina xx
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:34 pm 
Post subject:
hi hunny im so sorry to hear about what happened i had my d & c in jan but never experienced any pains.i think you should go to your gp for advice as you may have an infection which could be causing the pains.
hope all is well xx
kimmers1kim
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:45 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear you are having a bad time. I had a natural mc and my 1st af afterwards was really painful but not to the extent that you have described.
As waiting4bfp says I should go docs.

Hope you feel better soon

kim
xx
DueInSpring
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
Could an infection show up this late after the op? I'll ring the Drs tomorrow to be on the safe side but don't want him to look up my foo foo cuz he is our family doctor could I request a nurse do it?

D x
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:50 pm 
Post subject:
i was told that using things like tampax etc greatly increased the risk of infection they advised me not to use them for the first 2 -3 mths after d & c.
I would imagine if you said you felt uncomfy ur gp do the swabs etc that they would find a female nurse to assist.
hope all goes well and that its nothing serious,it may just be your body adjusting etc everyone is different try not to worry hunny take care of your self xx
DueInSpring
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
Thank-you sweetie, I haven't used Tampax because I was told the same. It now feel like the pains after birth, the uterus doing it's shrinking thing, maybe that's what it might be. Still going to ring the Doctors tomorrow as I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Dolina xx
Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:37 am 
Post subject:
I was going to say go to the doctors too. It may be an infection which you'll need to get sorted out ASAP.

Reading your posts though it looks like you went to the dotors today? Hope you're OK.

xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular