A bit of encouragement for young mums!

Jessicar1990
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:32 am 
Post subject: A bit of encouragement for young mums!
Hi, I have read quite a few posts about people being stereotyped as ruining their lives by having babies young, well i just thought id let you know that alright maybe a few people do let it ruin there lives, but my mum had me when she was 18, and my brother 2 years after, now im 18 and expecting my first and my brother is at college pretty much able to look after himself lol.

well my mum is only 37 so she still has a lot of life left and currently she is training at uni to be a midwife! she has delivered babies and everything and im so proud of her.

some jobs are best done by more experienced people in my opinion, thats probably why she has already had a load of thank you letters and a few gifts.

-sorry to blow my mums trumpet lol, but im so proud of her, shes my inspiraion Very Happy
KIDS DONT RUIN LIVES!!!! Very Happy xxxx

[/url]
Rach5569
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:36 am 
Post subject:
I totally agree!! i had my first at 16, then 2nd at 25, n now im preg again, im really proud of the way i coped at such a young age and am very proud of my girls, well done to your mum!!!!
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:39 am 
Post subject:
Ah thats such a nice story, I don't think they ruin lifes at all just add hapiness to them. Very Happy

My example is that my best mate had her little boy at 17, and is now 21, she 38.
All that time she was on the social and never worked. She now has to start her life all over again.

My work collegue, his daughter had her boy at 17 and he is now 8, she 25 and has always worked and now is a full time charted accountant. Very Happy Amazing difference in two stories. Now that too me is inspirational too.
jade25
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:44 am 
Post subject:
thats lovely hun i know im not really a young mum has im 25 but i got pg at 19 n had my daughter wen i was 20 i agree wiv you bout ya mum cus i no wen i deliver my baby id rather a older lady helping not that i have nethin against younger ppl doing that job but cus there that bit older they have bit more experince of life n are not so judgemetal lol but i think ne body can do ne thin if they put there mind to it i dont think kids ruin lifes just makes it more interesting lol xxxxx

NicolaOasis
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
Im an old mum at 34 and i definitley could not have coped with a baby at a younger age so hats off to the young mums who make it work xx
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:04 pm 
Post subject:
I just wish I was more like you guys, doing your thing no matter what people say, i need to take a leaf from all your books, lol
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
I think Icebabe's examples show how it should and shouldn't be done.........the horrible reality is that many of the "young" mums nowadays (you know the ones I mean) give young mums a bad name and everyone thinks that everyone young who wants a baby is the same. It's really nice to hear of the stories of people who have their kids young and then do amazing stuff cos it proves that the stereotype isn't always correct! Very Happy
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:08 pm 
Post subject: .
hmm... where did i get moved too??

[/url]
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
I think one of the other mods moved it to Younger Parents xxx
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:11 pm 
Post subject: .
lol i didnt know there was a younger parents, but when i typed in where did i get moved too it took me straight there... it was weird lol.

[/url]
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
Lol....the weird and wonderful world of Askbaby!!! Laughing
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:50 pm 
Post subject:
Aww this is such a nice post hun.

My dream is to be a midwife one day too!I had some amazing midwifes when I had Alfie,some young but most a little bit older and actually some of the younger ones were great and so lovely but it was a lvoely older lady who helped me deliver him and encouraged me all the way,if it hadn't have been for her,I wouldn't have had the strength to keep going!

I'm fairly young,20 but I look much younger and I get so many people look at me like I'm scum or something but I am gonna prove them wrong one day! Very Happy

I love the fact I'm a young mean,it means once my kids are grown up,I'll still have time to do the things I want xxx

AmyandLewis
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:18 pm 
Post subject:
awww that is sooo sweet Smile x x x
Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:34 pm 
Post subject:
Heya everybody Smile i definately think you're right, young parents get judged and get a hard deal of it Smile
I got pregnant the first time at 17 (four years ago) it wasn't really planned however my boyfriend at the time had a good job and i was planning to go back to college after i'd had the baby however i then miscarried and we later went on to split up. I'm now 22 in July and have just had my first baby. My partner has a good job in management and i'm currently a stay-at-home mom ... however i'm now arranging to do a part-time degree in English language and am soon starting my driving lessons. We are moving into a new house soon as we're only in a one bed flat and i am looking for a part-time job, really just to give me a few hours out and give me a break rather than financial reasons Smile
My cousin who is 22 June got pregnant at 15 and gave birth to her daughter just 16 years old however she has done part-time college courses and part-time jobs and is now looking to work full-time now her daughter is at school. She has just moved into her new house and she is driving and has alot of independence. She and Bethanys dad are no longer together but he sees them alot and helps them both financially and in other ways, he has bought furnture for her new house, pays some of the rent and is helping her get the house sorted Very Happy
Now my point is being young means nothing as to your parenting skills. I think we are both shining examples of young people that have done it for the right reasons, within the right circumstances and have carried on furthering our lives. There are young people that choose parenting as they think it'll be an easier option and they can claim benefits therefore not having to do anything however we are all examples of young people that haven't done this and think yound parents should stop being labelled as they are .... xxxx

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:09 pm 
Post subject: To those single parents too!!!!!!!!
I'd also like to say that my mum had me when she was 21, shortly following were my sisters Melissa (20 now) and Naomi (18 now) with my dad, my mum has now been a single parent since i was 3/4 due to my dad being in and out of prison and an alcoholic (not seen him for years) she started working part-time when me and Melissa were at school and my auntie had Naomi, when Naomi started school my mum went back to work full-time ... until she had Brittany (now 9) but went back to work full-time when Britt was about 12 months old and again my auntie had Brittany, she then worked until she had the last stroke which left her disabled. She's had 3 (22, 33, 39) unfortunately 5 people have had them in our family due to hughes disease Sad what i'm trying to say is my mum was a young mum and a single parent and she's worked her ass off to give us the best life she can despite her illness. She should be very proud as i have a beautiful daughter and am now going to university, Melissa is at University, Naomi is at college and Brittany is doing very well at school. Single parents also get a hard deal of it and my mum just shows that being a young single parent doesn't breed poverty unless you allow it to ... i however wouldn't work full-time as 1) i have my partner and 2) i had to grow up very quickly as we helped my mom alot doing housework and shopping and generally helping with Brittany (night feeds etc) so she could work aswell but i don't mind at all as i'm very well balanced, as are my sisters and we've all turned out well educated and balanced young girls Very Happy Very Happy My mum is my inspiration too .... she really worked haard and gave us the best she could Smile xxxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Younger Parents All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular