In need of advice

nmoore
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:10 pm 
Post subject: In need of advice
My daughter is nearly 3 now and has a teddy bear that shes very attached to but its really starting to smell so I want to get it washed, The problem is she cant sleep with out it how can i get it washed with out her knowing?

helenm73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:43 pm 
Post subject:
hiya..
i had 2 laugh when i read ur post..
when my 1st son was born he was given a seal pup as a gift,he is 17 now but this pup has bin handed down 2 my other children who r 15 and 7..
what a nightmare i had gettin it off them so i can wash it..the thing really started 2 smell. Laughing ..i told my boys that as they had 2 get a bath,so did pup.. Laughing
so they were quite happy playing with it in the bath,so by the time it came out is was all clean,just had 2 b chucked into tumble dryer b4 they went 2 bed..i will prob have 2 go through this again as baby#4 on way and i stll have the pup.. Laughing

Last edited by helenm73 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
nmoore
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:57 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for the tip I think i'll give that a try and see if it works.

MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
i had a teddy, who am i kidding, i still have a teddy, o can't sleep without it, it even came into hospital when i had the kids, if anyone dared to wash it hell broke loose Mad
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:50 pm 
Post subject:
what happens to the teddy when she's awake? Isaac blankie stays in his cot ready for his next nap time, so I can sneak in and wash it in between his sleeps Very Happy
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:05 pm 
Post subject:
DevonMum wrote:
what happens to the teddy when she's awake? Isaac blankie stays in his cot ready for his next nap time, so I can sneak in and wash it in between his sleeps Very Happy

She brings it down stairs with her, He shares her breakfast, lunch and dinner, I think thats why he's starting to smell so much.

rubymay
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:06 pm 
Post subject:
My daughter is 2 and she had blanky (it stank no words can describe how bad) which i had to wash when she was asleep and put it back b4 she woke up! Lucky for me she put her dummy on the tree for santa this year and told me she doesn't need blanky now!!!
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:35 am 
Post subject:
When my son found his comfort toy - a Mr Tickle teddy with vibrating arms - I got 4 of them! Luckily they came free with a washing powder Smile
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:01 am 
Post subject:
any luck nmoore?

I checked Isaac's blankie over after your post, and it had actual mould on one corner - SOOOO gross. Is all washed and clean now, and he doesn't seem to mind at all, although he did give it a good sniff and a look over before accepting it back!
Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:54 am 
Post subject:
I don't know, but my kids never really had the need for a security blanket such as the teddy bear. The only things is I need to get over this oral fixation of sucking my two fingers. I am 22 yrs old and I can't stop. My kids just stare at me I don't know what to do!!

Clarissa Loves the kids
http://www.babyfurniture365.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular