Single Mom Pregnancy!

mom2be07
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:49 pm 
Post subject: Single Mom Pregnancy!
Hey everybody,

I am 35 weeks pregnant, during these months of pregnany it has been really difficult for me. About five months into this pregnancy, I was in a really babd relationship to where I was in fear of my life, so I had to leave and move back home to an entirely different state to be with immediate family and freinds for support. I am going to be a first time mom and I am really scared about that. I know that it is going to be difficult for me all by myself but I honestly dont have a choice. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love my baby to pieces and I dont have any regrets. I am just really scared and anxious right now and I just dont know what to expect. Is anyone in the same or similar situation that I am in? If so, any advice on how to cope? I would love to hear input.
babydevilxxx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hey there,

Sorry to hear about your situation, but you have done the right thing is coming out of a bad relationship and should feel very proud of yourself, its not an easy thing to do! I am also a first time mum and am very scared and anxious, I think its normal to feel like this and Im sure things will get better for you.

All the best
Amy + 25wk girl bump
bumplove
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:46 pm 
Post subject:
im 22 and having my frist baby. doing it alone plays on my mind to but what helps me is the fact my mum did it with me and she said it was hard at frist but she was not the one loseing out it was him my father so think of it as you get to see your baby grow which will fill you with happyness. i dont know if this helps but it helped me alot my i found out i was doing this alone
cheerbear
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I am in the same position as you! I left a violent relationship at around 16 weeks into my pregnancy (its my first too) and it was really devestating to me trying to deal with it all and also knowing I was doing it 'alone'. I am living at home with my parents because of this all and they are great so I don't know how I would have coped otherwise. The baby's dad is in a perpetrators program but is still trying to get in contact with me repeatedly, which is really hard to deal with. I am now 33 weeks and trying to figure out how I will cope with the situation when the baby comes, how I will protect it from the violence, but since the dad wants to be involved (and does not seem to understand the extent of his behaviour) I am really wondering how to do this. It is very overwhelming because all I really want is to concentrate on me and the baby - coping with that is going to be enough on its own!! I wish I could relax and just be happy that my baby is coming but I have this hanging over me all the time and it is so hard to feel good about the pregnancy rather than ground down by it. I really understand your situation, being scared and anxious...the only thing I can say that has helped me is getting support from family and friends and also contacting support services for domestic violence and abusive relatioships. One place in particular that helped me was the forum on www.drirene.com. I hope this helps you.

I just checked to see when you posted and it was a while ago now - how are things for you? Your baby must be here by now as long as everything went ok - how are you doing? If you ever check the board it would be great to hear from you, as I haven't found many people in this situation and it helps to know people who are going through the same thing. If you do ever want to chat let me know and I'll give you my email address.

hope things are looking up for you now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular