Abnormal Cells... first trimester and need a coloscopy ???

yummymummy77
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:07 pm 
Post subject: Abnormal Cells... first trimester and need a coloscopy ???
Hi everyone!

I've just discovered i'm pregnant, i'm very excited... this will be my 2nd child, although it does feel like my first as my son is nearly 9 years old from a previous relationship and i'm 30 years old and doing it all again!! so i'm really excited!! i gave up smoking back in January and had my coil removed on the 16th April, my first period in 3 years started on the 19th and then next thing i knew i was pregnant - i am really lucky i know this! however i have some questions... i have to go for a Coloscopy as i had abnormal cells on my cervix (2nd smear test in 6 months) so i'm a little worried... does anyone out there know anything about this procedure whilst your pregnant? is there any danger? does anyone have any advice.... thank you for all your help xx

ja43118
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:36 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry - I have no idea about the procedure - I just hate to see someone with an unanswered post.

Good luck - hope you hear from someone soon.

Ja xxx
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you ja43118... i see you have 10 days until the big day... happy baby making!! Embarassed

Hopefully i will be able to congratulate you too soon in a couple of weeks! xxx

Last edited by yummymummy77 on Tue May 27, 2008 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hi I really dont know about the procedure. Just wanted to say gd luck and hope all goes well. pupx
ja43118
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:17 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Yummymummy - I am actually 5 days late and testing in the morning - so will keep you posted!!!!

Wink
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Yummy Mummy, first congrats on your pregnancy!!! I have to go for colcoscopy thingys too and was due one when I was around 12 wks preggers. My GP said to call them and ask them to re-arrange the appts for after the birth as the cells up there change when you're pregnant anyway so they won't know if they're normal or not anyway!!! She also said that with all the things going on, I didn't need someone else poking and prodding around up there. Ask your GP what they think and I presume they'll say the same. The hosp weren't too impressed and said I had to go anyway but I didn't feel comfortable about it, espesh since the procedure they do if they do find abnormal cells is to burn them off - i've had it done before and it wasn't pleasant so didn't really fancy them doing that with a baby up there xxxxx
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks so so much Archie for all your information, it has really helped.. my first smear test come back 'mild diskaryosis' and my 2nd smear test said 'borderline' so i was worried as there is no further explination for what 'borderline' actually meant.. so although i'm quite concerned as too why i've got these dodgy cells i'm also very concerned about the idea of losing this baby as i suffered a miscarriage many years ago when my son was 13 months old at the time (he is nearly 9 yeras old now!) ... but i never got over the miscarriage, hence why i want to be over-cautious now... i just want to be really careful and i didn't like the idea of having this procedure done... so i started this topic to see if anyone else had experience or helpful advice to contribute to my decision... yours was perfect! thank you for all your help!... i see you don't have long to go! so i wish you the best of luck and many happy times ahead!! xxx

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:37 pm 
Post subject:
Totally understand where you're coming from. I had a miscarriage 6 years ago and had some bleeding at 6 and 7wks with this pregnancy so totally freaked out when they said I still had to go!!! Shocked I was so glad when the GP stuck up for me and wrote to them telling me to leave me alone til afterwards! Very Happy I've had 2 colcoscopy treatnments now cos my smears always come back being "borderline" and they think it's from being on the injection before and it making the cells a bit wonky. I know it's hard but try not to worry and just get the GP to postpone the referral til your 6 wk check after bubba comes! Thanks for your kind wishes and don't hesitate to ask anything else. You'll usually always find someone on here who's been through the same, no matter how strange you think your question is! Very Happy xxxxxxxxx
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:57 pm 
Post subject:
hi yummy mummy, i've had colposcopy about 3 years ago and they didn't remove cells at the time, just did a biopsy which if they're nice dr's and get you to cough at the exact moment, you don't feel a thing. But it is quite invasive, and while i've never been pregnant (here's hopng it'll happen soon) i can't imagine them doing it while you are, esp if it's early stages. Dr's at clinic should understand though as with both hospitals i've been to about it, the colposcopy clinic is in the same section as the maternity clinics!!!
Hope all goes well with pregnancy, and that you get colposcopy sorted afterwards. xxxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular