Fishy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:11 am 
Post subject: Help.....
Morning all

I need some help and advise please:

Yesterday I reported that i had a vary faint BFP on a test I took - I repeated the test again when I got home and got the same answer. I could not believe it so tested again this morning and this time got BFN - what is going on Exclamation Crying or Very sad

I really really want a baby it's the only thing getting more over the MC - could the test giving me a BFP be picking up on lefter over hormones from the MC i understand that they can stay in your systems for weeks afterwards (I MC'd on the 1 April 2008)

Can anyone help me - I still feel sick, have pains in my back and just don't feel myself.

So sorry to harp on I know eveyone is going through the same pain and wants the same outcome as me for themselves, however I felt I needed to get some advise from you all as you help out some much.

Babydust to you all xxx

OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:28 am 
Post subject:
Morning Fishy. Sorry to hear you are having a confusing time, it must be stressful. I know a little how you feel even though I have children i feel so desperate to fall pg and have my baby after loosing my ectopic baby in March. Can I hust ask did you use the same make of test this morning a yesterday??? Pupx
Fishy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:34 am 
Post subject:
Yes sure did - i have used teh same tests all the way through - that's what I don't understand.

I spoke to my friend last night who is a sernior Midwife and she says that it sounds like i am, and you can not get a faulse positive - but I am not sure about that as some girls on here have.

Lynds2401
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:37 am 
Post subject:
Hi Fishy
I had a mc on 4 April- or a chemical pregnancy as some would deem it. Where I got a 2 positives followed by a negative. I was told that is was due to implantation happening but the pregnancy not developing any further. Therefore HCG levels reduced rapidly and I started bleeding. . Obviously very upsetting. It will happen hun- hang in there. xxx
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:42 am 
Post subject:
Hi lynds yeh now you have said that I have heard of that I think there is some info on this site under during pg or something. I think its a horrible term to use chemical pg, but I suppose thats what could have happened Fishy. Either that or you can get faulse test sticks. Maybe give the testing one more try. In particular if your AF doesnt come. Im sorry you are going throught this {{Big Hug}} and let us know how you are. Pupxx
Lynds2401
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:46 am 
Post subject:
I agree Pup, defo not a nice term, esp when you get so exited. I would do what Pup suggests,and test again if no af. I have just found out that am pg at the mo. Had to test early as havent been feeling well , so am bit apprehensive, so hoping af stays away, and the pg continues. Good luck fishy, I know exactly how you must be feeling. xxxxx
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:48 am 
Post subject:
Good luck Fishy and Take care. Pup

Fantastic Lynds so pleased for you how early have you tested if you dont mind me asking.? Must be a gd sign to get BFP early. congratulationsssssssss!!! Pupx Very Happy
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:49 am 
Post subject:
Hi Fishy, I am sorry to hear of what you are going through. I too had a chemcial pregnancy when I had 3 BFP followed a few days later by a BFN then bleeding. If you do not mind my asking, how long ago was your miscarriage? I would have thought it unlikely that it was leftover hormones, but there is a possibility. Else it could be due to when you are testing - I got a negative with my morning sample, but then a positive after a few hours when I did not drink much. As you still have 3 days until you are due you could try leaving it until saturday or something, by which time you might get a stronger BFP. I really hope you are pregnant, and will keep my fingers crossed.

Lynds2401
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:54 am 
Post subject:
Pup, I tested using the New First Response ( up to 5 days before). Due on Sat and Tested Tuesday afternoon. Have had strong positives since, but just hoping is stays where it should and noo af arrives. I so so paranoid and therefore testing every morning!! Exspensive or what. .
Let us know how you get on Fishy- I really hope it is a BFP for you. XX
Fishy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:55 am 
Post subject:
I MC was on the 1 April 2008.

I have had on AF since then that came on time no problems - just don't get it
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:56 am 
Post subject:
Sounds gd to my lynds. May be expensive but puts you mind at ease. Good luck. Pupx
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:02 am 
Post subject:
If you have had an AF then it could not be leftover hormones.

Fishy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:03 am 
Post subject:
That's the test I have been using and been getting the two faint BFP's on and also what I got the BFN on this morning - I know Im not due to test till Monday at the earlist - but this is killing me - think I just need to forget about it for now and move on. Crying or Very sad Sad

xx
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:06 am 
Post subject:
That's really strange, because I have always found the first response to be the best. It is really hard to wait, I know, but I think it your case it is better if you hold off testing again just for a few days so you can give it more time to see if you are or you are not. It is torture, but hopefully in a few days you will have a conclusive result.

Lynds2401
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:07 am 
Post subject:
Oh Fishy. I know its hard. Try to have a good day and like you said, try to not think about it and re test in a few days. Sending lots of babyglue to make it stay!!!!! Good luck honey. Thinking of you xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular