necessary immunizations

claire78
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:29 pm 
Post subject: necessary immunizations
I am very concerned with the risk of autism and many are saying it's related to vaccines. My baby is going to be a year old in a few months and I'm trying to decide what vaccines are completely necessary and which can be given later.
Please give me any advice you might have.
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
It is of course entirely your choice I gave both mine the MMR and would again hopefully when i have my next child. There was report on GMTV this morning about the alarming rise in Measles and the repocushions from it. Deafness blindness and even worse. I have looked after a little boy for 18 mths at the Nursery I worked at and my friend has twins one of which has Autism. Both say looking back the signs were there before they gave the MMR and would give it to their next babies. Of course it is so hard to say but my opinion is I think its important to give. Before I offend anyone this is mine and my friends views and obviously there are people who have not and do not wish to give, which is up to them. I just hope Measles does not become an epidemic. good luck whatever your decision. pupx
claire78
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:19 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for your opinion...what about the chicken pox vaccine. I know it is a live vaccine and shouldn't be given before 15 mo. What do you think about that one?
lauree
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:29 pm 
Post subject:
autism as never been proven from receiving jabs but menigitus has. don,t even chance it.
i had the same concerns with my son but he did have mmr in the end.
its possible to give these jabs sepertatley which is meant to be safer. ask your gp.
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:11 am 
Post subject:
O now here's a topic to sink your teeth into!!! I have 2 quotes for you, both are very to the point and VERY OPPOSITE!!!

1: Vaccine adverse effects are amply documented and are far more significant risk to public health than any adverse effect of infectious diseases. They have caused more suffering and deaths than any other human activity in the intire history of medical intervention.

2: The national and international scientific consensus is that immunisation is one of the most cost effective ways of preventing disease and improving health and that risks associated with vaccines are rare. Heath professionals believe that whilst good houseing, breast feeding, a heathy diet and lifestyle choices may reduce the risk of disease, it does not give you immunity. They advise that getting your child immunised is the best protection.

There are such strong beliefs for both arguments, make sure you have the info for both arguments before making the choice.
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:32 am 
Post subject:
Where did quote 1 come from? Surely that cant be correct?! I cant believe that the effects from having a vaccine are worse than the actual disease in terms of numbers contracted?! Also, if people are being vaccinated then the number who contract the disease will of course be less are there will be more people immunised.
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:17 am 
Post subject:
You would be amazed at what info is available out there for both cases. Just type in vaccine for infants into Google and a whole range of debates pop up for and against.
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:25 am 
Post subject:
My daughter has had the MMR vaccine and is developing well.
Both myself and my younger brother had it when we were babies and we're both fine.
Personally I didn't have any worries about my daughter the MMR vaccine but obviously that's a completely personal choice.
I read on the web somewhere that 10-15 years ago doctors thought there were connections between the MMR, autism and meningitis but it all came to nothing as the connection couldn't be proven and no evidence of this connection was ever found.
If you have any concerns speak to your health visitor, they may be ablt to explain thing to you and put your mind at rest.
xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular