Pregnancy - Recent being on Pill. How long....

BabyMonii
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:38 am 
Post subject: Pregnancy - Recent being on Pill. How long....
How long do i have to wait for the pill to stop working. I am trying to have a baby with my boyfriend . and I haven't stoped taking it. But when I do how long after does it work, that my body will let me concieve a baby. ?? I really need to know and also I'm hideing it from my parents. They will think I'm way to young but I already had an abortion once before and I will never do that.... Again ! please help if i go off my pill. how long intill i get fertilized Embarassed
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:06 am 
Post subject:
Some get preg straight away, others it can take months even a couple of years. If its something your hiding from your parents then maybe you should sort those issues out first?? If something goes wrong you are going to want their support to get through it. Good luck with your choice tho.
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:22 am 
Post subject:
I secind what Huntermac says. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. pupx
ChariseMc
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:03 pm 
Post subject:
I came off the pill when i got married at end of December and then fell pregnant in mid Feb whilst on honeymoon. So it didnt take long. Razz

However, i agree with the other people who think that perhaps you should sort out the issues with your parents first as it will just cause you stress later on when you are pregnant and that wouldnt be very good for you or the baby.
molly1973
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:11 pm 
Post subject:
hi, i came off the pill 2 weeks before xmas, had a week of period, and then fell pregnant straight away. think u should wait till your 100% ready for a baby as they are a lot of money and committment,but also a joy, and also for life, and if your hiding the fact your trying from your parents maybe your not ready yet. good luck hun, im sure you will do what u feel is right xxx
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:57 pm 
Post subject:
i was on the pill for 12 yrs after having my daughter, i had an ectopic while on the pill last year and when i stopped taking the pill in sept i had my period then was caught the same month so it can happen straight away, everyone is different.. do it when your ready as it can be so quick or it can take years.
good luck.x
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 am 
Post subject:
i was on the pills for nearly 2 years and it took me 6 motnhs to fal pregnant. they say the pill stays in your system for 3 months you could fall preganant straight away or it cud take a lot longer.

you should really hide this from your parents if you do fall pregnant you may need them for help and advice.

make sure this is the rite thign for you and speak to your parents before you go ahead.

BeccaLouise
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:11 am 
Post subject:
hi.

I was on the pill 6 years. It took me 10 month to get pregnant. Ime 20, and also hid it from my parents, wish i hadnt now as i have everyones support, everyone is fully behind me and my fiance. It was a hard 10 ten months though, i thought something was wrong with me.

Good Luck. But i would advise to talk to your parents first

hillsy29
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:25 am 
Post subject:
I was on the pill for 13 years, stopped taking it in January had one period then fell pregnant. Its different for everyone, my sister was trying for seven years!!
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:42 am 
Post subject:
hi my name is simone and was 17 when i fll pregnant and had my first baby from another post of yours u say ur 16 know wonder why ur parents will think ur to young and advise u not 2 m parnets would of done the same thing had they got the chance look having a baby is an amazing thing and i wouldnt regret having my son for the world im having number 2 now although it is really hard work and u cant begin to understand until u go through how life changing it is i wasreally naieve like you when i fell pregnan and thought i wasnt 2 young and blah blah blah but the truth is u are and so was i finish school get some sort of career behind you and do something for urself before you choose 2 bring another life in2 this world like you need a house a job to pay bills not to menchin all the unexpected expences that come up when you have a baby then you have to pay kinder ,school fees etc and the list just goes on i wouldnt hav a problem if it just happend was an accident then ok your just takin responsilbility for your actions but 16 yrs of age is too young to be planning a pregnancy beleve me you dont know wat your getting urself in2 until ur there and like i said i wouldnt trade bein a mother for the world i love my babies wth all my heart and asolutley love bein a mother although their are plenty of things i would have done different if i had the chance ,like i amnow gonna study at uni 12 mths after i have this baby and do things for me but these are things that could been dne before i settled now i have a mortgage to worry bout which ive had sice 18 bills all the time children expences its not as easy as think it is im here for support if you need but my advice to u is wait hun dont grow up 2 fast these years are th best few years ull ever have and never get back and please dont fall pregnant just coz you wanna keep ur boyfriend either if anything it may just do the oppisite and push him away jus be careful men take alot longer to mature and normally when they are faced with such a big responsilbility at such a young age they run the otherway please justthink about it before you make a decision so life changing.....

Jump to:  

Community

Popular