new here..dont know what to do

babykate5555
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:47 am 
Post subject: new here..dont know what to do
im 19 just found out im 6 weeks pregnant.my parents want me to take the abortion pill.i think i want to keep it.i really dont know what to do.the babys dad says he will to his part to help out but we arent together.i feel so awful that iv let my family down.and im terrified i feel im goin to have to do it all alone all of the doctors appointments and i panicj abotu everything...like the doctors tests incase they ever tell me i have cervical cancer or hiv or anythin that could harm the baby.i just dont know what to do.
emzandy
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hiyai went through the same thing with my parents but i was only 15 at the time, i ended up having to live with my friends with my mum still pressuring to have an abortion i even ended up going to the appoinments even though i wanted to keep the baby, in the end she did come round, it but unfortuantly the pg ended in miscarrige all i can say from my experience is ur parents are not always right at the end of the day your 19 years old your an adult you can have say in your live u need to say to them if u wanna keep the baby that u respect that they are trying to protect u, but you want this baby, knowing most parents they will come round and respect your decision and support you though it all good luck xxx

ps sorry such a lng answer its a hard thing to go through thinking your all on your own if you ever need to talk just mail me
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:17 pm 
Post subject:
thanks so much.i know they are just trying to look out for me...but i feel its right to keep it.so scary.i see your are 6 weeks...have you had your doctors appointment yet?
emzandy
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:21 pm 
Post subject:
I know its scary at any age you will be fine where women we can handle anything thats thrown our way.
yes had early scan lst wk couldnt see much though just a black hole with a dot in the middle, could see the yolk sac though, gotta go bk in 2wks wen i should b 8 wks. Have you seen you doc yet xx
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
hey hun i was 19 when i found out i was pregnant. all im going to say is the father is a decent man if he helps you. As for your parents theyre just worried but if you want the baby then have it. If i done everything my parents told me i wouldnt be the person i am today. Me and my partner went through a rough patch and i went back home for a while. My dad told me if i wanted to live with them again i would have to have an abortion. I went mad and told him b****x! fortunately me and my oh were able to sort things and im really happy again xx

EmmG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun,
What a scary place you must be in right now!
I got pregnant at 17! I was sooo scared but knew in my heart that my baby was here to stay, I told my parents and thankfully they were really suppotive!
Me and her dad never stayed together (long story)!
My daughter is now 8 and wouldn't change it for the world!
I went on to meet someone else when my girl was 3 months old and went on to have a son who is now 5!
I went to callege and now work self employed to support my family!!
It is your body and your decision and you still have time to do a lot of thinking!
Hope you make the decision your happy with and I wish all the luck in the world hun!!!

Em x x x
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:22 am 
Post subject:
I'm almost 18 and i'm pregnant. it's a decision you live with forever, not your parents.
and i wouldnt worry about cervical cancer etc, if you have it you have it and it can be treated before its to late. I have pre cancerous cells (which leads to cervical cancer) all they do is cut out the little area that is affected before it turns into cancer, which they'll do after bub is born. have you gotten the cervical cancer needles or anything?
and if you are keeping the baby i would make an appointment and see a doctor and gets all your bloods done etc.
congrats and good luck Smile
XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:39 pm 
Post subject:
Heya, i too am a younger parent (22 in July) however i did get pregnant at 17 and it sadly ended in miscarriage but my mom was behind me all the way despite being worried. What you have to think is that (as Jessi said) its you that has to live with this decision, not your parents and if you want this baby have it is your parents will come round and will love their grandchild, they're just worried as parents ALWAYS are haha! Smile If you have an abortion when you want this baby it could ruin your life and scar you forever. You have probably come to the best place as the girls here are great and you will definately get alot of advice, support and encouragement when you really need it. I love it on here Smile Keep us posted and i hope you make the right decision for yourself, whatever that is Smile I'm here if you need to chat xxxx

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:21 pm 
Post subject:
if you do not want to have an abortion that is up to you not your parents, they should be supporting your decisions and do they not want grand children, congratulations on being pregnant but make the right decision to suit you not your parents

AlfiesMom
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:08 am 
Post subject:
congratulations on the pregnancy hunnie, hope it all goes well for you

The main thing to remember is that it is YOUR baby and YOUR body. Only you can make a decision, so try to put your concerns over other peoples opinions to one side (hard i know). It is a huge decision, especially when young. But take your time, and only do what you want to do.

I had alfie when i was 20 and occasionally through my pregnancy i would think "whoooa i cant do this" and he was planned lol. i can honestly say that my baby boy was the best decision i ever made, and i wouldnt change anything for the world.

Hope you are ok, and you manage to sort everything out thats worrying you xx
Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
awww hun im sorry to hear that your parents have reacted like that, I know this is an old post but i just wanted to say i do not think 19 is too young to be a mum, im choosing to have a baby at 20.

How have things gone for you since then? I hope you are okay whatever decision you have made x
LianneJane1987
Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
sorry to hear that hun
i'm 23 and up until i got pregnant my mum and dad were always like 'if u get pregnant we'll kick u out and wont help out' etc etc well im at my bfs most the time in wales now anyway and we're gonna move back down to surrey and get our own place...
when my mum found out i was preg she was a lil bit disappointed but now she's quite excited and has even been to some appointments with me...

hopefully your parents will come round too, if you want to keep the baby then keep it, you'll forever regret it if you dont
Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:14 pm 
Post subject:
oh woops didnt relise this was an old post as it was near the top, my bad!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular