I want my bed back!

jok33g
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:57 pm 
Post subject: I want my bed back!
My son is now 2.6 years old and I think for the past 9 months (or may be longer) he comes into my bed during the night.

I know I should have nipped this in the bud when it first started but I wanted the easy life. He will almost go straight to sleep when he was in with me but if I try getting back into his bed I will be awake for well over an hour.

I think it is maybe just habit for him now. I am hoping when he goes to nursery in September he will be so shattered that he will crash out all night - or is that just wishful thinking?! And I am not sure I can last until then. Some nights it OK and I don't notice him coming into bed other nights he will kick me all night.

He has never been a wonderful sleeper but does, however, go to sleep at 6.30pm with very little problem.

Any advice please?
helenm73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:15 pm 
Post subject:
hi there,
all my boys ended up in my bed at some point..
my youngest who is 7 is always in my bed..i just cant seem 2 get him 2 settle in his own room..he was always coming downstairs asking when i was going 2 bed..i have been sticking 2 a routine lately where hs goes 2 bed at 8pm..he hasnt bin getting back out his bed while im up but hes always in my bed come the morn..x
Emski78
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there, I had this for over 2 years with my eldest son, it was becoming a bit of a nightmare and one noght I said to my other half enough is enough we need to get a strong routine in place and stick to it, now each night at 7 we all go up and bath both lads and do pyjamas and teeth then its in bed and story time then we sing the tweenies "i love you" song lol. It was really hard for the first couple of nights but everytime he tried to come into our room I just picked him up and put him straight back in his own bed. in the mornings i praise him sooo much xx good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular