Getting Pregnant After Sterilisation Reversal - Part 3

JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:34 am 
Post subject:
Hi lyn,
glad your Dr is on the ball. I had to pay privately to get my HSG Evil or Very Mad as the Dr refused to help us. Its not the most comfortable procedure - although some ladies say its painless, it wasn't for me.

Claire, glad youre feeling better.

Whatisit - I'm sorry i dont believe in 'what will be will be'. I believe life is what you make it - and if you need help take it. Its up to you to make it happen. I knew i'd always have regrets if i didn't try, and i'm trying my hardest now (well as much as i can without losing the plot)

Bit down today. I know af is on the way - just a matter of time. I said I wasn't that bothered, but i am. I know it was silly of me to even think it would happen again so soon Sad Why do we set ourselves up for a fall?? Rolling Eyes

Dr called me with blood results today. Bit anaemic - so i'll pop and get some iron. My progesterone was 40, indicating that i did ovulate - probably on the duff side. And Beta HCG finally down to <1 which means i should be cycling normally now. The good news is she agreed to give me clomid if i went to see her in time for my new cycle starting at the weekend. Smile
It may give me a bit of a headstart if there is an eggy on either side instead of taking pot luck. I have until Oct to get bfp or they refer me for Lap or HSG under G/A on the NHS hopefully!

Sorry for long post - i think pmt has hit, and i'm sad today. xxxxxx
Julie

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
scoobylyn
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:41 pm 
Post subject:
OK... because I am a total wimp ... tell me all about the HSG xray........ was planning to go back into work after .... or is that a no-hoper?

COnsultant I saw was a Mr Majmud I think. SO positive though which totally surprised me.

Julie glad everything is getting back to normal for you.
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Lynn,

Glad your back on track so to speak hun ......as far as your HSG ...mine didnt hurt at all but everyones different .....if they do it corrctly they should give you the relaxant injection so i wouldnt go back to work if i was you it can sometimes give you double and blurred vision. good luck chick .....

Julie babe, i can understand why your sad i was bloody angry after having my tubes taken out and sat for a while and looked for someone to blame .......but hun you have to get on with the next part whatever that may be .....This Dr seams a bit better than the last one you saw ( or have you kicked backside ?)

hope all else ok and doing good ....

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:03 pm 
Post subject:
HI Lyn,

As Sharon said - hers was okay as she was given a relaxant. I wasn't - so i would insist on one if i were you. If they dont give them i'd stock up on ibuprofen and syndol (make sure you take 2 max doses as per instructions before you go). You need to be as relaxed as possible. And rock your hips side to side as they insert the dye - it will help it to flow (they didn't tell me to do that) Evil or Very Mad
Its basically like having a smear, but a little more uncomfortable on an xray table. You can put your legs down once they have the catheter in place, and it should only take 5 mins to flush dye through. Some Drs advise antibiotics during/after procedure to reduce infection risk.

Sharon, I'm plodding on - got over the angry phase - now just frustrated. IVF is a no-go unless we can find the funding, and its looking increasingly unlikely. When is your scan?

Julie xxxxxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Julie,

My scan is next tuesday .....more worried about that than the whole ivf thing ....im sure you will get there hun ......we are trying to decide what to do with our frozen embryo's if all goes ok with this ???? i thought i wanted to donate them but OH is not so sure ...and because they are ours we both have to agree.....i guess we've got plenty of time to decide ....but its still in my mind quite a lot

smile hun

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
bambam1
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Everyone,

Well im out Again! this month af just started Crying or Very sad Julie my LP was only 10- 11 days as per my chart, is that classed as LPD?

Thanks Lisa x

Good luck to you all,

Whatisit I am having Lap and Dye and HSG on the NHS 22nd July, did have to get referred to fertility clinic by my doc. x
Doddsy
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies

Not sure if any of you remember me saying that from i was 16 until 2 yrs ago i had stage 2 cervical abnormalities. 2 years ago my smears suddenly came back clear and each one since then until now. I've just had my recent smear results and i'm back to square 1 lol and no IVF for us Sad
We wern't 100% sure about it anyway but it now feels as though the decision has been taken away from us.

I hope everyone is ok Wink xxx
Rachel72
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:01 pm 
Post subject:
Wink Claire, you are strong and a lovely person xxx
You WILL come through this hun xxx
(((((HUGE HUGS)))))

I'm here to help you every step of the way hun, promise xxxx Wink

Things do happen for a reason hun Wink

xxxx
Doddsy
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:08 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Rach, i know i've always got you Wink My Un-Hinged friend Laughing xxx
whatisit
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:15 pm 
Post subject:
Claire i dont know how you stay so positive. Why will they not do IVF with stage 2? Will they give you a repeat smear in say 6 months?

Bam Bam my LP is often 11 and thats ok im told- was longest ever this month and that was 13! How did you persuade GP to refer you? How long since your op? Do you both already have kids?
Julie how much was your HSG if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all clare d so sorry honey Sad
hope everyone else ok clare glad your fealing better
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:47 pm 
Post subject:
Whatisit,
I just went to my gp as I have been having tubal pain on the left side and I told her that I thought I have LFD, my op on the 25th Nov 08, there was complications with the op as my bowel was fused to my ovary and alot of scar tissue on left side, when I got referred I was lucky enough to see the consultant who done my op, he was concerned about my bowel and ovary fusing again so said he will do lap and dye plus hsg as these are part of the basic fertility checks and he can correct my bowel again at the same time. Also I have been having regular scans to check ov, he said if it is short (he said anything less than 12 days!) they will give me clomid! need to call them 2morw and let them know my af started today, and see what they suggest.
Me and hubby do already have 3 kids together so hopefully if the op has worked they said there should be no problems as his sperm count is excellent, but never seems like is going to happen at the moment, can't wait to have the lap and dye to find out if tubes etc are okay??
just go to your docs let them know that you have a short luteal phase and you want to be referred to fertilily clinic, tell them you have been charting and using OPKS to determine ov. Be firm and tell them what you want. Good luck hun Laughing x

ClaireD, Big Hugs xxxxxx
Rachel72
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
ClaireDodds wrote:
Thanks Rach, i know i've always got you Wink My Un-Hinged friend Laughing xxx

Pmsl Laughing I might me a fruitcake, but i still have sultana's Wink Wink
Doddsy
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:13 pm 
Post subject:
Ha ha Rach, you're terrible!!! Wink
Whatisit, they won't even consider IVF incase it turns to full blown cancer as then there would be a decision, me or the baby!!!
xx
Rachel72
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:21 pm 
Post subject:
Laughing I know Claire ! But i'm not gonna sit around feeling sorry for myself hun Wink
Life is too short Very Happy You have to look around you and see what you have hun Wink
You have a wonderful hubby, 2 stunning daughters , nice home and food on the table Very Happy
There are plenty of people who dont have nothing xxx

Well that's they way i look at things Laughing In the madness of my thoughts !!!!

xxx
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 98 of 99

Jump to:  

Community

Popular