Need some advice about my son. PLEASE help!!!!!

louise3112
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:47 pm 
Post subject: Need some advice about my son. PLEASE help!!!!!
My son is 8 months old and seems to whinge all the time although he does laugh and play some of the time, everyday he will have a few episodes where he sounds like he is straining, but he has quite regular bowel movements so dont think it is that. he will scream and make the straining noise and i cant seem to settle him. could this just be attention seeking? or is he in pain, i dont no cos he does calm down if i walk round front room with him. he also has just got two teeth so i give him a teething ring and bonjela, but that just keeps him quiet for a few minutes. ive tried giving him plenty of water bt just cant help him. i dont no wot else to try, he feeds reguarly and has plenty of sleep so cnt be overtired! please if anyone has been in a similar situation i could really do with some helpful advice of what to do. thankyou xxxx
CharliesMama1228
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:36 pm 
Post subject:
I just wanted to let you know that your son isn't the only one making these strange noises. Smile It sounds like my little boy is really frustrated or trying to have a BM, but I've decided he's just trying to get my attention or simply trying out all of the cool noises he can make Smile I wouldn't worry!
Parchard
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:51 am 
Post subject:
My 5 month old little girl is doing exactly the same, although she did suffer with consitpation this has now been sorted but the straining is still happening. It can occur when she is sitting or lying when she is happy or grouchy and she does go red in the face like she wants to poo but I know she doesnt cause she will have just been. Took her to Dc's and they say could just be a noise she makes or a habbit! Not so sure as it does upset her most of the time and she can strain for a good few seconds. She brings wind up ok so like you have tried everything, maybe it is just for attention will give it a week and see how we get on but it does help to know she isn't the only baby who does this because I was starting to think she was! Confused
louise3112
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:12 am 
Post subject: thankyou
Just wanted to say thankyou for the 2 replies i recieved. It is so comforting to no its not something im doing wrong, which is a horrible thought as a first time mum. we must just have vry clever babies who no exactly what to do to get our attention Wink little terrors!!! now i am more relaxed about it and dont run to him whenever he does it things seem to have improved. thanks again you helped alot x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular