STRETCH MARKS

BabyMonii
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:06 am 
Post subject: STRETCH MARKS
I'm a really tiny person and I'm sixteen years old, beacuse im young will that give me stretch marks . and I'm just wondering will i get stretch marks ? my mom got them but she was over weight at the time. I'm scared that i'll stretch really bad or something. When I do have a baby
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:35 am 
Post subject:
If you have the kind of skin that is prone to them then there isnt actually much you can do. However, saying that you can apply a good moisturiser everyday on your tummy it helps the skin stay supple and reduces the chance of those nasty marks hanging around after the birth. Also because your body uses soooo many calories to make milk, if you breast feed (if you can) it helps you to get to your pre preg weight faster, its using all the fluid it has stored up over the pregnancy to make milk. (Oh how I wish that was me!!) Loosing the weight after you have baby can help those marks too. Dont try and diet over the pregnancy!!! this will only starve the pair of you and then you will end up with problems you dont need to be dealing with!! Remember - moisturise morning and night!! You clould be lucky and not even get any, the gift of a baby is worth a couple of marks though dont you think!!
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:19 am 
Post subject:
try not to worry too much. most of the women in my family have had strechmarks after their pregnancies, and i've had some at the back of my leg. I'm also the smallest of my family as i was a size 8/10. You can't always do much about them, i see signs of them on my tummy already but like Huntermac said, your baby will be worth it x

how far along are you? i've used bio-oil in the past for scars and its really good. I read the packaging and they say use twice a day from first trimester for pregnancy. I've only started using it on my tummy at 21 weeks, but it smells great and isn't too greasy.

Hope you don't get strechmarks but if you do its okay hun, loads of women do and we get by. On the other hand when my friend had her baby at 19 she didn't get any and went back to her small size 8 figure.

best of luck x
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:40 am 
Post subject:
hi babymonii,

i was 18 when i had my daughter and i only weighed 7 and a half stone i had no problem giving birth or during pregnancy so i wouldnt worry.

i did get stretch marks but most women do. i didnt have any stretch marsk until the last 3 or weeks or pregnancy. wish id had her early then i wouldnt have had nay lol.

still have them now and shes 18months old but they are more silvery colour now very strange things.

but just coz ur small dont mean you will get them depends on your skin. you can get cream to rub on your belly to reduce the streth marks you get.

but a few marks round my belly for my beautiful girl is a good price to pay.

NatalieNFang
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:52 am 
Post subject:
hii Very Happy

im actually going into my last year of beauty therapy at college and skin is the one thing i get asked about all the time..

stretch marks are always going to happen , even to the most beautiful slim person in the world so we all have something in common.

i would suggest using a good quality moisturiser morning and night but there would be no harm in appyling moisturizer say 4 times a day if you are a little worried.
if you start now you will keep them as minute as possible.
i actually watched a programm where they tested 4 creams that help stretch marks ranging from the cheapest to the most expensive,
palmers cream came first and bio oil 2nd these should do the trick!!

hope this helps Very Happy

oooo
and please please anybudy who reads this who has had there baby or still waiting .. DONT USE BABY OIL
this is mineral oil which is refined from crude oil that makes petrol!! the only way to actually remove this from your skin is by using ALCOHOL
the oil clogs the pores and brings on spots, it puts a layer of film on your skin and dosent let moisture enter and your skin needs this.
i am soo shocked what is put in products these days as i am learning what all these fancy names on the backs of shampoos etc really are and i feel like crying its unbelivable!!
nat321
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:39 am 
Post subject:
hi i was sixteen wen i had my first child and only weighed 7 stone im now 11 weeks pregant with my second and didnt really suffer from stetch marks much just got a few around my belly button but r very faint now seen its been nearly 5 year ago
xxmum2bexx
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:08 am 
Post subject:
ive been using bio oil 1-2 times a day, i try to use it both in the morning and at night but now and then ends up just being in the eve, any way i havent got any as of yet so hopefully wont get any but i am 27weeks so who knows

good luck x
chelsea17
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
hi ladies,
i thort tht during pregnacy you cudnt use bio oil??
am 17 n around 10 weeks got my 1st scan on thur ut before i was pregnant i av small stretch marks my mum sed its because av grown to quick do you think i cud suffer with stretch marks?? Smile
tealbutterfly
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:28 am 
Post subject:
chelsea17 wrote:
hi ladies,
i thort tht during pregnacy you cudnt use bio oil??
am 17 n around 10 weeks got my 1st scan on thur ut before i was pregnant i av small stretch marks my mum sed its because av grown to quick do you think i cud suffer with stretch marks?? Smile

bio oil is fine to use on pregnancy, on the packet is says used twice a day from 1st trimester x
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:18 pm 
Post subject:
I dont think its got anything to do with age, i was 16 when i got pregnant and was covered in them really bad, but i also no people who have had babies at a young age and not got any, it certainly has nothing to do with your mum, My mum had 8 kids and hasnt got any.

Carrie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular