Given up smoking!!! Day 1!!!

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:36 pm 
Post subject: Given up smoking!!! Day 1!!!
Hi all
this is my 1st day without a cig and so far i feel ok Smile
I'd cut right down, but it got to point where i felt sick everytime i had 1.
I'm doing it through a support group with patches. They've only put me on a low dose as when they tested there wasn't much carbon manoxide in my system.
So far i feel ok, i know theres something missing, but the thought of having a cig makes me want to hurl Embarassed
My mums been great as she's decided to give up with me, although she smoked alot more than me, think she finding it much harder. But i'm real proud of her as she has alot going on in her own life at moment, she's a star Wink
Any way thanks for listening. Wish me luck.
Zee. X
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:55 pm 
Post subject: xx
aww thats great news hun wishing u lots ov luck u sud be very proud ov ya sen x
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:04 pm 
Post subject:
The best of luck, you are doing the best for your little one. Well done!! Pupx
Bazzle
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:54 am 
Post subject:
That's great news Zee! You should be very proud of yourself!!
I gave up when i found out I was pregnant, and I feel so much better for it - apart from a cough that wont go but I have been told by my doctor that it is my lungs still trying to clear themselves...mmm..nice!!!! Not to mention the money I have been saving too - my lil man has a few more nice outfits to wear now!!

Good luck and stick with it! xxxx
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:02 am 
Post subject:
Well done Zee thats awsome!! I gave up at 15wks and feel so much better for it. Think how much easier the birth will be, by then your lungs will be breathing freely and your blood holding more oxygen and most of all, bubs will have a good clean start. Good work you!! Very Happy
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:45 am 
Post subject:
Thanks all Laughing

Well its my second day......again i'm not feeling too bad.
I find it easer on a morning than in evening, found last night it was all i could think about, having a cig. Crying or Very sad But i'm determind

Well i've got loads to do 2day and am back at work this aft (after a week off, doing absolutly nothing).
Thanks again for all ur kind words.

Might be on here in a couple of days ripping my hair out, but we'll see. Shocked Shocked
Zee.XX
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:32 pm 
Post subject:
Good on you zee... I think anyone who gives up smoking is a champion!!

I never smoked myself but I've watched a lot of my family struggle to give up, and not one has ever managed it.

Good luck!

fifitrixibelle
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:42 am 
Post subject:
honestly ladies ye can do it if u put ur mind to it, i know its not as simple as that and it IS REALLY hard. I was never a big smoker maybe 10 a day sometimes less, but when i suspected i may be pregnant i stopped straight away, i figured if i didnt waiting till i found out might have been too hard to stop then, so i just woke up and stopped. It was bloody hard and there were a couple of times when i had a sneaky puff of my OHs if hed leave it in the ashtray for a min, and every so often il get a longing for one but u just have to stay focused. Im worried il start back again after baby's born but hopefully il withstand the urge!!!

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:53 am 
Post subject:
Go Zee!!! Go you good thing Very Happy Very Happy
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
Well done Zee, your doing great and should be very proud as theres nothing harder than giving up.

I hope i have such strength as you when it comes to me giving up as ive tried and failed on a few occasions. I suppose, knowing a little baba is inside is enough to kick inn the willpower and vent off any urges.

Keep at it chick
D xxx
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
Big thanks for all your support

I've been too see my GUS (giving up smoking) nurse today, had my carbon monoxide levels tested again and they've dropped right down from 10 to 2, I'm so chuffed Laughing ,
I am officially a none smoker Laughing

I've found it ok giving up but i still find it hard on an evening, i keep distracting myself and getting up to do something, I'm absolutly worn out on an evening as it not easy to rest cos i always want a cig when i do, but i just keep thinking of my bubba and it makes it that little bit easier.

Am still on the patches, and i don't know if any1 else has used them before but i keep getting cramp in my arm/legs (where ever i put the patch Confused ) I told nurse this and she seemed to think it was nothing to worry about...There only the 10mg ones, as i wasn't a big smoker anyway. Can't wait to go on to 5mg then finally stop Laughing
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:53 pm 
Post subject:
Well done Zee,

You feel much better for it dont u?

And also be really proud of yourself coz it is bloody hard!!!!

acadianangel
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:32 am 
Post subject: 2 Days without smoking...in counting
I am pregnant with my second child, Isaiah is 2 and a half. I quit smoking after a about two months while I was pregnant the first time and here I go again. I didn't find it hard at all while I was pregnant but it's harder after giving birth.

Isaiah was a fussy baby with reasons for the 1st three months. Long night, walking for 2-4 hours as he wouldn't let us sit down...pick up the habit again to keep my sanity. I hope this baby is a little better so I don't get stressed to the max.

Great job to all that quit smoking while pregnant 'cause I know lots that didn't which I don't judge we are just troopers! The only thing I find hard from quitting this time, I have more smokers around me, I'm home now and basically everyone I know smokes. It gets to be boring 'cause they got smoking to do...I get bored quick but stick with it. For me I know it's no biggy 'cause I did it before but I'll keep you posted after I have my baby.

If I can do it, anyone can!

Amy[img][/img][url][img][/img][list=]
[/list][/url]
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:01 pm 
Post subject:
glad u chose to stop smoking zee.

hows it goin?

DevonMum