Given up smoking!!! Day 1!!!

JodieLeex
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:01 pm 
Post subject: Gd Luck x
Gd luck to everyone giving up smoking!

I think you are all so brave and strong to do such an important thing for you and your baby x

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:21 pm 
Post subject:
i am 11 weeks gone and have cut right down. I am finding it ok but my fiance is trying to do it with me and is finding it very hard. I know he is trying hard and has been through a lot after going to afghanistan with the army and stress knowing he is going again next april and our baby is due in march so its not good for him. i am thinking about suggesting the patches to him. what you ladies thing as we both want to give up and i want him and me to do this for the baby? any ideas will be appreciated :)
Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:53 pm 
Post subject:
yer i think its gd that ur both doin it together!!!!

yep try pacthes. different things work for different ppl.

Kazbah
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:20 am 
Post subject:
Just wanted to say well done to those stopping smoking and congrats to those who have. I myself am now an ex smoker of almost 11 weeks, i did it without anything, no patches or help and I can sit in a room with smokers and it doesn't bother me at all. My neighbour is also stopping and is onto day 12 today and also going it alone with my support however he has had some horrible side effects. It is possible to stop unaided or aided but you have got to want to do it, this was my 6th attempt i think over the last 7 years, i smoked for 14 in total.
Good luck to all of you, you all have my support and i have faith in every last one of you Very Happy
XSamanthaLouiseX
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
Congrats hun.... I stoped smoking for the first 3 months of my pregnancy, infact i started eating healthy and went off all bad things..... I realy hope you continue to stop...

after my 3 months i started to like the smell again along with eating the fatty foods etc.... I have cut down massivly from what i used to smoke which is good... But with stress and complications at home i just found it to hard.

Its all about will power it gets easier....Just wish i had enough will power to keep it up...Its all in your head.You will not do it unless you want to.

Good luck...xxx

xxjussiexx
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:30 pm 
Post subject:
Thats really good news! Hope yours doing ok! I am planning on giving up smoking soon... which is going to be hard I know.... as I do enjoy smoking... its my stress relief... Think I may need to get a punch bag... lol x

xBradenandDitax
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:13 am 
Post subject:
i had one smoke a day up until i was 8 months pregnant, and now i havent smoked for 4 months....
I'd love to say im so glad but i really miss smoking! I smoked since i was 12 so was part of me!
I'm doing it for braden though, so i wont be starting again!
x

BabyWife
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
Hows it going? My husband is giving up smoking he started smoking when he was 14 he is now 24, He is on Champix you can smoke the first 7 days then no more after that, Today is his first day with a rollie and he said he doesn't miss it, And the smell of it is disgusting
Good luck
xx
ClairaBell
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:10 pm 
Post subject:
Mrs Groves, Ian has not smoked since October. I am so proud of him. He hasn;t had patches or anything. I think he knows he needed to give up to get his sperm back into good condition. xxxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
Does he feel better for it?
x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Breaking the habit All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular