breast feeding

mumjay
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:22 pm 
Post subject: breast feeding
Is any1 else thinking of breastfeeding?? Cant make my mind up as i have heard bad and good xx
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
hi ya, i'm gonna breast feed. if i can. i know that its not always possible for everyone.
I tried to breast feed my daughter but i just didn't like it so i expressed but def gonna give it proper go this time. not sure i've heard anything bad about it but i think its more feeding on demand. gonna find out more about it in detail from mw. I know that there is alot of support now. x
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, yes I'm certainly going to give it a good go. Went to a breastfeeding workshop a couple of weeks ago as part of ante-natal stuff and that helped a lot with a lot of the questions etc I had about it. Certainly want to try, even if I don't manage it for very long, it's meant to be great for the baby, even if you only breastfeed for a short while. Plus it's free!!!

LD
mumjay
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
thanks i might try a workshop because i really wanna give it a go my midwife is really good she tries to encourage breast feeding so i'll have loads of questions lol x
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:52 am 
Post subject:
I really want to give it a go - infact if i can't manage it i'll be quite upset!!!!! Sad Seems like the most natural thing in the world to give your baby the goodness that your body makes for it and yeah I agree about the free part! Very Happy I've got a workshop on 4th july and looking forward to getting loads of tips there. I've not heard anything bad about it except the usual sore nipples and engorgement type stories xxx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:58 am 
Post subject:
If you can breast feed and feel comfortable doing it go for it!!! Apart from the goodness it gives babe, it is soooo much more convenient to whip out your boob to feed rather than have to muck round with bottles and formula. It would be so nice not to have to plan ahead for feeds. I always have to make sure I carry enough water and if there no place to heat the bottle when out I have to carry hot water also. Making sure you have enough formula and a little extra just in case......blah blah, all the cleaning involved, realising you dont have enough for the next morning and the stores are already closed, oh dear he is not doing well on that one we better change to another brand......doesnt like that one either......LOL am I painting a good pic of bottle feeding!! I dont mind really, i just wish he took to the breast, im the only one in our coffee group to bottle feed and i feel like a pack horse with my bag of tricks Very Happy Mind you he is doing much better now we have found the right formula so i cant complain really a!! Happy babe = happy mum Very Happy

Jump to:  

Community

Popular