what to do next?

Holly16
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:34 am 
Post subject: what to do next?
my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant, without success, for 18 months. How do I check to see if I am the cause?
phoenix81
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:13 am 
Post subject:
I'd say a trip to the doctors if anything it will put your mind at rest it could just be stress I've heard that alone can cause you to take longer to conceive... If it's nothing then at least you will know and feel more relaxed.... good luck!
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:15 am 
Post subject:
Hi there, make an appointmnet with your doctor and make sure you tell them that you have been trying for 18 months - the chances are they will send you for some day 21 blood tests to make sure you are ovulating and probably ask your husband for a semen sample. I have had extensive tests and my gynacologist has been really good. Good luck x
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:53 am 
Post subject:
yer get urself booked in at doctors but remebr if your stressed it this will not help u concieve so try to stay relaxed.

juli1
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:37 pm 
Post subject:
A trip to the docs is best Confused

Don't 4get that 18 months is not that long a time.Some try 4 years be4 they conceive Smile

There may be nothing wrong with either of you Laughing so just keep trying Embarassed

Tests may put ya mind at rest. so call thedoc 2moro Mad

juli1
Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Holly

I would difo make a trip to the Doctors where he can do some tests.

I went to see my Doctor last week, as we've been trying for a year. He wasn't very helpful and I felt that I shouldn't have been there. But the Nurse is going to do a blood test when I'm on my period (between days 2-4) so hopefully this should produce some results.

I didn't take my husband with me (although he knew I was going) as I thought that I'd get the tests done first and then if everything is fine with me I'll ask him to go.

Make sure you make an appointment with your Doctors and good luck.

Jup
x
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:21 pm 
Post subject:
hi holly,

have u beent o the doctors yet?

how did u get on?

kerplunk
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
hey holly16. i'm in pretty much the same situation and it is a difficult time i'm discovering. I've just had my 21-day blood test to check i'm ovulating and am going to a fertility clinic in a couple of weeks. I really think you should go to the doc's as soon as possible; i haven't managed to get pregnant in 5 years and wish i hadn't left it so late. 18 months may not seem long in comparison but when you are really longing to add to your family it can feel like an eternity. I wish you the best of luck hun!! Very Happy
charb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:05 am 
Post subject:
Hi Holly,

How did your go with Dr? Did they give you any answers?
Hope you are feeling alittle better and trying to relax, best wishes

Charb xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular