Real Nappies

Jessanna
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:47 pm 
Post subject: Real Nappies
I've used real nappies for several years and have found them to be wondeful - in terms of absorbency, containment and cost.

Saying this, I made a lot of mistakes in the early days. People had recommended prefold nappies to me (such as Bambino Mios) but I found that they leaked a lot and weren't very absorbent. I made a number of other costly mistakes before being recommended a couple of advice sites: www.lizziesrealnappies.co.uk and www.thenappylady.co.uk. Both gave me really good advice.

I went on to buy Tots Bots Bamboozles, Easy Peasy Bumbles and Motherease Airflow wraps - they've all been fantastic.

So - what I;'m trying to say is - don't waste time and money choosing real nappy brands randomly - get some early advice and you should get nappies which will successfully see you through to potty training. You'll know that you're saving yourself money as well as doing the right thing for your baby and the environment.
elainewithnail
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:26 am 
Post subject:
Another tip for avoiding costly mistakes is to use a nappy service. Every week, we get a pack of freshly laundered nappies and our used ones are taken away. It costs us less than disposables (by about 50p per week), we don't need to buy bigger nappies, we don't have the expense of washing the nappies...I could go on listing the benefits of using this kind of service, but I'd be here all day!

We've been using the service since our son was born in Feb 2006 and will continue to use it with our next child (due in Nov).
maria815
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:10 pm 
Post subject: wasable nappies
yes Jessana bamboozles are good after trialing many I decided to sell them in my shop, for ease of use and absobency and neatness. I have bought the idea of washable nappies to my region of Italy and so think these would be good for anyone not sure and worried about folding traditional terry nappies though I have used these for my daughter with considerable ease.

I am pleased to be making a considerable impact in reducing waste and giving my daughter what I believe to be a healthier nappy.
eggysoldiers
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:48 pm 
Post subject:
After trying various nappies - Green Baby, Tots Bots Bamboozle and some older style popper ones, prefolds and Motherease - I found Motherease to be the best, they are also a 'one size' type so work out cheaper. Although my baby wasn't a tiny baby when born, so this might not be for everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular