Just quit smoking :)

Amy99
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:17 pm 
Post subject: Just quit smoking :)
So after 14 years of smoking I finally quit , it's only been 8 days but I feel better for it already .. I'm using a nicotine patch , don't think I could do it with just will power alone just yet , one thing that worrys me tho is that the next time I have a drink il cave and have a smoke . Anyone any tips ?? Anyone else recently quit ???
MummyAbba
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Amy,
I've been quit smoking for 2 months now. Best thing I've decided to do. My husband still smokes but it doesn't bother me and he smokes outside which helps. I thought that when I'd next have a drink I'd want one and I'm not gonna lie I did want one. However I didn't have one because 1: I didn't have any cigarettes and 2: the friend I was with isn't a smoker. I'd try and hold off having a drink for a while until you're over your urges. Have a fizzy drink instead. I was on the patches for 2 and half weeks. The rest was will power. Good luck.. you can do it! Smile

jorgea
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:35 pm 
Post subject: Quit Smoking
The first step of quitting is the most important. Whenever you crave smoking, eat or drink something healthy instead and try to focus your mind on something else
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:00 pm 
Post subject:
Well done for giving up. Its not easy!
I quit first time with patches and tbh I did start again. Ifound as soon as id stopped the patches I wanted to smoke again.
The second time I quit was with the allen carr book and quit on the 12/12/11 ...the real test was xmas day with the free flowing booze and family members smoking but I supprised myself and I did it Shocked
It takes real will power so id suggest only drink if you feel strong enough..maybe try a small glass at home during the week or something.
Once youve achived that one night out without touch a cig, , it'llbe so much easier the next time your out Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular