question

nat321
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:21 am 
Post subject: question
hi everyone im 11 weeks pregant and have a terrible chesty cough im un able to settle at night and feel really un well is their any thing i can take to sooth the cough thanks
mumjay
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:25 am 
Post subject:
Try honey lemon with hot water horrible but it works! Other than that the only other thing to do is ring your midwife and she will advise something safe xx
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:29 am 
Post subject:
I was pretty ill at about weeks 11-13, with a really bad cough too. I started thinking that when the baby was born, it was not going to get to sleep unless someone was coughing! Laughing

There's not much you can do. What I did was get some Olbas oil and sleep with a tissue on my pillow and drink chamomile tea.
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:49 am 
Post subject:
I'm in the same boat as you just a bit further along and other than the honey and lemon drink(though midwife suggests putting soluable paracetamol in it) the only other thing she suggests is using menthol crystals in a bowl of hot water before bed to get it all moving. She also say leave the bowl in the room where you sleep so you continue to benefit from the steam. Makes your hair smell lovely.....not Laughing

Jump to:  

Community

Popular