Dad to be...

madgaz
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:23 pm 
Post subject: Dad to be...
...holy smokes.
Thought I would sign up here as the OH and I are going to need as much help as possible in the coming months.
We're only 8 weeks (ish) gone so fingers crossed.
The OH had her contraceptive implant out at Christmas and we decided then that when it happens, it happens. Little did we realise it would be so soon. I'm 30, Linzi is 27. We've been together 13 years this year, living together for nearly 7 of those and married for 3 years (in July Cool )
Between us we have 1 Niece and 2 Nephews but neither of us have ever changed a nappy or cleaned up baby sick LOL.
We're fortunate to have a good relationship, a reasonable standard of living (if you ignore the bills LOL) and pretty good parents ourselves that will no doubt give us all the help they can but it is still worrying (in a nice way) what we have coming.
It has taken about 8 tests, a visit to the doctors to confirm and about a week to sink in but today, finally, I've been grining from ear to ear Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
helenm73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:29 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations to you both..
im sure once baby arrives you will be fine..
i had never changed/bathed or fed a baby in my life till i had my 1st son..
i am now on baby # 4..so it cant be that bad.. Laughing
good luck to you both..x
dazedmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations, and dont panic, my oh had never HELD a baby before we had luke and he is the worlds best dad (totally biased of course lol)

Best of luck and keep us posted !
Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:23 pm 
Post subject: Re: Dad to be
madgaz wrote:
...holy smokes.
Thought I would sign up here as the OH and I are going to need as much help as possible in the coming months.
We're only 8 weeks (ish) gone so fingers crossed.
The OH had her contraceptive implant out at Christmas and we decided then that when it happens, it happens. Little did we realise it would be so soon. I'm 30, Linzi is 27. We've been together 13 years this year, living together for nearly 7 of those and married for 3 years (in July Cool )
Between us we have 1 Niece and 2 Nephews but neither of us have ever changed a nappy or cleaned up baby sick LOL.
We're fortunate to have a good relationship, a reasonable standard of living (if you ignore the bills LOL) and pretty good parents ourselves that will no doubt give us all the help they can but it is still worrying (in a nice way) what we have coming.
It has taken about 8 tests, a visit to the doctors to confirm and about a week to sink in but today, finally, I've been grining from ear to ear Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Quote:
hi every one im over the moon that my gf is pregnant
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:24 pm 
Post subject:
Aww, thats lovely Madgaz..and huge congratulations to you and Linzi.
xxx
Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:08 am 
Post subject: baby :)
congratzzz!!!
selinamarie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:00 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations..thats brill news, Happy & Healthy 9 months...when you become a prent natural instincts kick in you will be fine

madgaz
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
Cheers...BUT...we miscarried about 5 weeks ago now. Not really had time to get on here, been trying to keep strong and keep Linzi on the right side of sane. It's been a hard time, don't think it has had time to hit me yet really.
REALLY REALLY gutted Crying or Very sad but all we can do is try again Crying or Very sad
Sandspink
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
All the best for you two! I can remember how difficult it was for us when we had our first little mishap. We were so anxious to become parents, and for some reason, it just didn't work out. I kept feeling as though I had let my huaband down in some strange way that he would never forgive me, but he has been an angel through the whole ordeal. And here we are now, with our bundle of joy safely almost here!
Keep hope and keep loving and supporting each other. Your turn will come soon, I am sure of it!
Wishing you lots of babydust! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Dads' Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular