Trying not to get too excited!!

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:11 am 
Post subject:
awww sorry to hear that.

keep smiling - it WILL happen eventually!
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:25 am 
Post subject:
redali wrote:
AF arrived full force last night... so back to square one again.

Really Sorry to hear that Red, Good luck for this month hun.
Keep your chin up
D xxx
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:45 am 
Post subject:
Hi Miss Scotland,
I'm in a bit of similar situation as you - had brown spotting for 3 days last week, i did a test this morning and was bfn, thought I had left it plenty of time - how long do you think it should take to get hormone? I mean...if it was implantation, does anyone know how soon you should get bfp after that? I'm just trying to work out whether i'm too early to show ona test but that the dark blood could have been a good sign? I think my body is playing tricks on me! Lol!
Good luck! xxxxxxx
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:46 am 
Post subject:
Oh Red...sorry I meant to write that I'm sorry your af arrived. I hate that our bodies make us think that we are pg - it's so frustrating! I'm going through a similar thing. At least your af has arrived. If i'm not pregnant, I just want my af to hurry up so I can get trying again! Good luck sweetie. xxxxxx
MissScotland
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:10 am 
Post subject:
sarah23 wrote:
Hi Miss Scotland,
I'm in a bit of similar situation as you - had brown spotting for 3 days last week, i did a test this morning and was bfn, thought I had left it plenty of time - how long do you think it should take to get hormone? I mean...if it was implantation, does anyone know how soon you should get bfp after that? I'm just trying to work out whether i'm too early to show ona test but that the dark blood could have been a good sign? I think my body is playing tricks on me! Lol!
Good luck! xxxxxxx

Hi Sarah,

I have no idea how long it takes for the hormone to show up as i got a bfn aswell, plus i dont really know too much on the subject. It may not be strong enough to show up in your urine for hpt`s yet and maybe you should give it another few days-a week. When did you stop spotting, was it late on in the week?
Mine only stopped yest so im adding a good week or so before i test again (if i can manage lol) to ensure i get a more accurate result and to save the disappointment of bfn. I dont know whats worse, the waiting or the bfn test. They both drain you and drive ya nuts huh! Arghhh lol.
Also,have you got any other symptoms? I started a thread lastweek b4 my brown came and wondered if your similar to me on this 1 http://www.askbaby.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=4559

I`ll be keeping everything crossed for you chick, let me know how you get on
D xxx
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:50 am 
Post subject:
Awww hun...i remember reading that! Your symptoms sound very positive...it's harsh though isn't it because you would think that if you were having symptoms then, there must be enough hormones to detect it but if bfn maybe not!
I've been having on and off symptoms, some days I really think i could be. My boobs sometimes feel a bit heavy and have a few pains in them, but not officially sore. I've been feeling more tired the last few days. I have stomach cramps that come and go and feel nauseous now and again but none of these are strong enough to really be definite pg symptoms. I really though the brown spotting was good though, especially after reading about helz and rayee. It ended on Saturday I think, sometime last week anywayz - i will leave it for at least another week before testing again. If I am pg then I must be very early stages. There's still hope for us hun. What is your normal cycle length and what day are you now? Sorry you got bfn - i know what you mean - it's so hard because there's always part of you that convinces yourself that you could be...but then when you see the neg, it feels so gutting and you feel hopeless again but I'm trying to stay positive to get me through it thinking that I still could be pg. I hope we both get bfp sweetie - xxxxxxxxxxxx
MissScotland
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:34 am 
Post subject:
My normal cycle is 30-31 days, My AF should have arrived 5th this month but nothing. Then i got the brown spotting on the 6th-9th so im thinking maybe i could have ov late because its deffo not my AF.
I have very very heavy AF from day 1 till day 6-7, and also cant move for most the duration of this time but this is and feels so different.
I could have done without pads completely throughout the spotting as it was barely anything and more so when i visited the loo, normally i go through heaps a day during AF.
Its just such a major change to dismiss when my body has been the same for as many years as i can remember.
I even had a wee stage the other day when i was out, I found myself really confused, didn't know what i was doing, where i was going or why i was there and i just stood in the middle of the street so distressed and burst into tears. Had to phone my family who eventually calmed me down and reassured me. Gosh, this is nuts huh. I think me and my body are going to have a major fallout shortly if all this continues lol.
Ive heard back from a lady who had an implantation bleed the day her AF was due and now she`s 5 months gone so that's kinda kept my hopes alive along with all the big changes.
Everything i have 2 of i will cross for you and lets hope we`ll be joining the bfp`s soon. Think ill go get dressed and do some retail therapy and take my mind off things for the mo,well for a few hours.
Keep me updated hun and i will likewise.
Take it easy and try relax (pot callin kettle ere lol)
D xxx
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:01 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun - i'll keep everything crossed for you too! It sounds good that you've usually have a regular cycle - hopefully if you leave it a few days you'll get a bfp. I just went to see a nurse for a blood test for something else and explained my situation to her. She said that cos of my long cycles the last two days I may have not ovulated yet and to jump on my partner over the next week just incase! She said that I still could be really early as well though so still keeping my hopes up! We should just both stay postive unless af arrives eh?!! The mind does strange things to you. I wouldn't worry about your panic and crying episode. Sounds like a normal day with me sweetie and who could blame us with all this stress and hormones! Your situation sounds good so I think you'll get the result you want and deserve.
Enjoy your shopping hun and keep in touch - xxxxxxxxxx
Redwolf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:50 am 
Post subject:
I am so sorry for you,

My AF still not here......waiting game can be so annoying!!!
, how are you Miss Scotland......

Take care
REd xxxx
redali
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:39 am 
Post subject:
Sorry I disappeared for a bit... it hit me hard this time... I had something similar happen twice last year and I guess it finally dawned on me that this isn't going to be as easy as it was with DD when I was in my 20's.

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting... fingers and toes crossed for you and lot of baby dust!! Very Happy

A
x
MissScotland
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:18 am 
Post subject:
REDWOLF wrote:
I am so sorry for you,

My AF still not here......waiting game can be so annoying!!!
, how are you Miss Scotland......

Take care
REd xxxx

Hi Red,

Im not bad thanx, this is me now on cd43 and still no AF,nothing. I did sneakily take a test last week after i logged off (I know, my bad lol) but got neg so decided now to wait and see if my AF arrives when im next due and take it from there. I was told to wait around 10 days but i couldnt help myself Confused had to wire into the clearblues lol.
How are things with you? Did you get your results yest?
Hope everythings went well Smile Got all crossed for you x

Take it easy
D xxx
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:45 am 
Post subject:
Hi Miss Scotland,

I'm same as you - now on day 47 and puzzled! Not gonna test for a week or so yet, gonna leave it as late as I can! So frustrating though isn't it! Especially if af arrives - plays tricks! Any more symptoms?xx
MissScotland
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:33 am 
Post subject:
Hi Sarah,

I keep trying to take my mind off it and just want the start of july to fly inn so i know whats what, especially after that weird month there. Im just wanting answers 4 it and i reckon waiting for my next AF due date is the best way to go about it. Patience is a virtue,I ought to practise that lol.

I could go and get my bloods done but im terrified of needles so prepared to join in the wait, plus dont want a hounding from my doc, even tho its none of his business what stage in my life i decide to ttc, I just know he`ll have something to say Twisted Evil

As for the symptoms, my recent new 1`s are... my nipples, they aint as nice & sensitive as they are normally and are rather uncomfortable to touch (the oh just dont listen so he`s prob making them worse seen as were still bd, MEN huh!!! Laughing ), and my moods,im all over the place and keep getting upset over the least little thing and rather randomly (that could just be me tho with my illness but oh seems to think its different. he`s the 1 that knows that side of me best). Ive had little niggles next to my belly button to my right side and also just under my ribcage, and so irritable when it comes to sleeping, just cant get comfy and constant tossing and turning.
My headaches and trips to the loo are whats taking over big time, i dont think ive much time to think about anything else really, the oh says he`s moving my duvet etc in there so i dont have to keep moving every 15mins Laughing .
I keep wondering whether im maybe coming down with something with the nausea and everything else combined, although the spotting wouldnt tie up with that?,I just dont know and only time will tell.

How are you feeling? Try and relax hun, Your right, the waiting is sooo frustrating,just try and keep yourself occupied and not to think too much on it. There will be times youll be eager to test but just remind yourself, the longer the better and more accurate result.
Lets hope we get them within this next fortnight and join the june bfp craze or even start off the july 1 lol Very Happy

Take care & keep me updated
D xxx
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:29 am 
Post subject:
Aww Miss Scotland - you're a sweetie - thank you - it's nice to have someone that seems to be going through the same thing as me! To be honest, I'm actually not finding it hard to wait to test. I actually don't want to test at the mo cos I'm convinced I'm not pg yet and that if I am it's very early so I'm staying positive that way. I'm trying to do more exercise and keep busy to take my mind off things and I'm also trying to tone down the ovulation talk to my boyf - although I did mention I had a few cramps yesterday which may be ov so I got him to bd last night! Lol! Laughing
How old are you hun if you don't mind me asking? Why would your doctor have an opinion about you ttc? Whatever age you are, if it's right for you and your partner and you will take care of the child it doesn't matter! At least we're planning these babies and they're much wanted rather than people having them when they don't want them from the start!
I had the spotting/bleeding like you did a few weeks ago but have no idea what that was as haven't really seen any clear symptoms and thought when I did the test last week it might have picked it up by then. I keep thinking that my boobs are getting a little bit more sensitive but think it's me imagining it. They're definitely not sore.
I wish you all the luck in the world hun - I think that if this long month is unusual for you, it looks like a good sign and your symptoms seem positve! Hope you get you get bfp when you test - when do you think you'll do your next test? We can be testing buddies! Lol!
Lots of babydust for you! xxxxxxx
MissScotland
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Sarah,

Hope your good today hun and alls well.
Your in the right frame of mind there with the testing, well done. My thoughts on testing vary from day to day, On some days i feel i really can do the wait and other days i just wanna give in and test, that's why ive reasoned with myself and decided i`ll wait until my next cycle is due and see what happens then take the relevant steps from there.
I dont know when i`ll next test, probably around 10-14 days time if your up for the wait testing bud? and if i can last that long lol. I will be doing my very very best. If i get the urge, i`ll think of you and how were gonna do it together... That way i`ll feel really mean and wont do it Laughing

Ive got a task ahead of me this week, need to go shopping for some baby clothes for 1 of our friends. She had a lovely little boy on fathers day there. I haven`t seen him yet,only pictures but i know my heart will just melt. I`m so happy for them Razz

Im 25, and not been too well after an attack etc a few years back. Ive got post traumatic stress disorder, hence why i think my doc will have his reservations but like you say, we are planning these kids and will love them with all our hearts.
Unlike some, which i do think is a harsh thing to say but if you knew my neighbour, you`d know why i say that. I did write a big speel there but ive deleted it,kinda got carried away with myself and started on a little big rant lol.
To cut it short, shes got kids that's been taken off her, got 2 she doesn't look after and 1 on the way and EVERY time i see her she`s out her face on drink & drugs!!! (Yes while pg). Oh it just wynds me up,the ladys a disgrace to the woman race!!! I used to feel sorry for her but upon monitering the situation over some years,my sorrow lies with the young kids, having to put up with that lifestyle and environment.

I think its so unfair how peeps like her can produce kids without caring for them yet theres millions of peeps who simply cannot have kids and would long for them and may i add, care for them greatly and not just to simply use them as a source of income and neglect them. (sorry rant almost started again, Arghhhh neighbours!!! Evil or Very Mad lol).

Gosh i feel rather stressed, working myself into a frenzy here yet again. Time i chilled and saved my energy for bd later lol. I had a night off lastnight,kinda getting fed up bd (how bads that), i need to put the fun back into it as i can see the baby makings taking over a bit and its only been 2 months lol.

Hey, just seen the thread on ibuprofen Shocked ...I went thru a full box of the kiddys orange sachets neurofen 1`s just b4 i got my brown bleed. Slightly worried now,I specifically went for the kids 1`s as i knew we were ttc and thought theyd be safest. Ooooerrr i really should have read the box.

Oh, I think weve kinda hijacked this thread Confused Rolling Eyes I best go and give your eyes a rest,think ive wrote a book lol. Thats me, once i start, I just dont know when to stop Laughing
Take it easy hun and catch up soon
D xxxxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular