11 Day Old Baby Gt Dry Skin, What Can I Put On It..??

shelleiigh
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:39 am 
Post subject: 11 Day Old Baby Gt Dry Skin, What Can I Put On It..??
My 11 Day Old Son Has Gt Really Bad Dry Skin Midwife Sed Its Because He Was 10 Days Over Due.. Is There Anything I Can Put On It To Soften It Up...

Cheers

Cherelle And 11 Day Old Cameron
xxx

tinajane
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:00 am 
Post subject:
hiya, my baby had dry skin too, i was 2 weeks over due, they told me to put a very small amount of olive oil on her skin, but to be honest i didn't like the sound of doin that, so i bathed her in moisturisng baby bath and put plenty of johnsons baby lotion and moisturiser on her, apperentally all babys skin will peal off and go a bit dry in the 1st few weeks, i'd jus bathe you baby about twice a week and moisturise its skin every day it will soon clear up in a week or so,
good luck with everythin, tina
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:23 am 
Post subject:
Hi ya, a lot of commercial baby lotions are not as good for the skin as you would think, the best place to get a moisturiser for that kind of skin is your local chemist. I use Aqueous Cream which is a soap and moisturiser substitute. You soap babe up with it before a bath and the moisturise with it afterwards. Its fantastic stuff. Try and stay away from supermarket products, honestly my doctor showed me whats in them and I will never purchase lotions and potions from there. I dont know what this product will be called over there but Aqueous Cream contains Petroleum Jelly, Emulsifying Wax, Liquid Paraffin, Phenoxyethanol and Purified Water.
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:05 pm 
Post subject:
I work in a pharmacy(not been there long though so dont ask for medical advice haha) while I went back to show my new 2 week old baby off I mentioned her dry flaky skin next minute I had a bottle of olive oil trust in my hands by two old hands (experienced I mean)apparently it is the best thing for them but I just think of cooking so went to the local supermarket and bought some baby oil(smells better than olive oil) didnt want to waste the olive oil so I use it for cooking
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:14 pm 
Post subject:
HAHAHA LOL. Olive oil is expensive a!!! If you dont want to rub it on you can just put 1/2 teaspoon into bath water and then you dont have the smell either. Sure makes cooking taste good tho Very Happy
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:31 am 
Post subject:
HI

Ur baby is Gorgeous! Congratulations!

My son had dry skin when he was born, although I was told this was cos he was early and born by c section..
I was told to add a small amount of Aqueous cream to his bath water and rub it into his skin.... I found this worked really well!

Smile
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:29 am 
Post subject:
O you do have Aqueous Cream over there!, Im never sure if medications run with the same name world wide or not. Its great stuff a Very Happy
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:25 am 
Post subject: Re: 11 Day Old Baby Gt Dry Skin, What Can I Put On It..??
shelleiigh wrote:
My 11 Day Old Son Has Gt Really Bad Dry Skin Midwife Sed Its Because He Was 10 Days Over Due.. Is There Anything I Can Put On It To Soften It Up...

Cheers

Cherelle And 11 Day Old Cameron
xxx

H

Hi there

My daughter has dry skin and eperderm is really good. You can use it directly on the skin and use it in the bath as a soap, and in the water. It really moisturises. But think your health visitor will have to give you a prescription for it. There isnt anything in it other than moisture. but sure its only on prescription. Other than that aquaius cream is also good but not as good

I tried olive oil and i dont think its that good to be honest.

thanks

rachel
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
I used olive oil as my son was 13 days over due , it did a great job.

Claire
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:51 pm 
Post subject:
i tried metanium nappy rash cream if the rash is bad, if its only dry then olive oils sounds like a plan, if not, aqueous cream. i found that sudocrem isnt really that good on my kids bums.

Shaesmummy
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
I was also sceptical about olive oil ( my son is not a chicken ) but after trying all over the counter lotions and potions i gave it a go it really did the trick.
God bless the olive lol Laughing

Jump to:  

Community

Popular