breaking my toddle of his bottle

lowgansmommy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:14 pm 
Post subject: breaking my toddle of his bottle
My son is 19 months old and is very attached to his bottle. I also have a four month old and my husband is away in irag. I need some advise on how to get rid of the bottle for him. Wont drink anything else to go the sleep and he wont drink milk out of a sippy cup. Any ideas?
emilychelsea
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
when i tried to get my 1yr old to start weaning i got recommended a childs cup with a soft teet, its almost like a bottle top. its by tommy tiptee. i got mine from tesco they r about 4 a cup but they sell ones with handles or without.
saraevans007
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:58 am 
Post subject:
my son is 15 months and i found the same, he drinks milk from a sip cup at nursey but not at home, i've tried many cups and eventually found one by mothercare with a flexiable straw he loves it and has milk out of it during the day, but still at night he wants a bottle. my aim is to remove the bottle at night and get him to use his cup over the next month or so.
it's a plastic cup (in blue or pink) with a clear straw and has a soret of sports cover over the straw, its 2:99 and is by mothercare and is buy one get one free at the moment. its for over 12 months.

emilychelsea
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
thats next on my list to start on straws.what age did you start weaning him?i am slowly introducing cows milk to her, my midwife says its ok to stay on her baby milk for the next 2months but after that it has to go!
she is used to falling asleep with her bottle so what do you recommend to get her off the milk at night,i tried juice and just having a dummy but she isn't to keen on the dummies anymore?
RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:20 am 
Post subject:
At the moment I have moved the bottle teat to the beaker and my son is so far taking that, my plan is then to remove the teat, use the same beaker but with a spout. I know he can use the spout as he does so with water - its just getting him to do it with juice! Hope that makes sense!

He is 14 months, I will let you know how I get on x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular