What is The Best Pain Relief To Use when Giving Birth

KatieLeeDooner
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:55 am 
Post subject: What is The Best Pain Relief To Use when Giving Birth
Hi,

im 19 & have just found out im having my first child. Although im only a few weeks pregnant i have been thinking alot about giving birth!

I have had some advice from family member but would like some advice if possible.

Has anyone on here had an epidural before && are these dangerous.

thanks

Katie

taramascara
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:27 am 
Post subject:
Hi katie I had an epidural wiv my son and its a needle goin in2 ur spine so of course there are some risks but these guys do it every day 4 their job so they do know what they r doing!!!!!!!!

I was in the middle of giving birth and it did waer off a bit but they just topped it up and it was fine I had 2 have 2 cathators while i had `the epidural in so that gave me a water infection that lasted 2 weks and was really bad But im glad i had it done but wished i could of done without it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this dont scare u 2 much and dont 4get everyones experiences r different Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:44 am 
Post subject: Hi Tara
Can i please ask what is a cathator? I have never heard of this. My mum wants me to just have pain killers & my nan wants me to just have gas & air but im not sure i will be able to deal with the pain.

Thank you

Katie x

katvonb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:38 am 
Post subject:
hiya katie,
i had my first baby when i was 19 and i had an epidural which in my experience was the worst thing i could have done, the drip they gave me with it made my labia (my nether regions) swell up and as a result i tore quite badly whilst giving birth i had my youngest son with just gas and air and it was a much better experience all round i was much more in control and could try different postions to try and give birth in.. he weighed 9lb 10 ozs and i didnt need stitches ..
katvonb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:39 am 
Post subject:
oh and a cathater is a small tube they insert into your urethra (spelling?) to make you pee in a bag as you wont be able to walk to the toilet x
taramascara
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:39 am 
Post subject:
Thats where they put a tube so u can wee without goin 2 the loo Embarassed Embarassed

U know what hun wen the time is here u will do what u feel u need 2 do and wen u go 4 ur antenatal they will tell u all about the different types of pain relief that u can have !!!!!

I wanted it as natural as poss ened up being induced had gas n air the an epidual i would say that if u can help it wait till it all starts naturally n try not 2 b induced uless u really have 2 Smile Smile Smile Smile

Dont worry and relax u got lots of time 2 gather lots on information u do what u feel u need 2 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 am 
Post subject: Hi Kat
Hi Kat, thanks for that.

I am just so worried about the pain if i dont have a strong pain relief but i dont want to damage myself or my baby in any way. Thank you for that, you have really helped me Smile

Katie x

KatieLeeDooner
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:42 am 
Post subject: Hi Tara
Thank you!! Im just so excited && nervous...Cant wait to find out if my baby is a girl or boy Smile

katie x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Newbies Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular