Veins! Eeek!

ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:45 am 
Post subject: Veins! Eeek!
Hi everyone

I had a varicose vein come up when i was pregnant and since havin my son its got worse! Im only 22 so feel really embarassed about it, even thou my bf seems to think its not that bad!
He is payin 4 me to go into hospital to have it removed! Im so glad im havin it removed but im so scared 2!! Im goin in 2wks 2mo and will have to hav a general!
Im prone to hematomas (have had 2 in ther past) and im dreadin havin another 1!!!
Has any1 else had this surgery ??
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:50 am 
Post subject:
hi charlie,

my mam had that surgery and unfortunatley it didnt work and her varicose veins are worse than ever.
im only 20 and i didnt get any whilst pregnant but got a couple afterwards.

i wouldn worry bout them but if it bothering u that much then obvs surgery is the answer - hope all goes well for you.

ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:52 am 
Post subject:
Thanks hun... Im already booked in 4 it and paid half the money.... its So expensive as they dont do it on the Nhs anymore!!

Iv only got 1 vein their removing by ebliterating (spelling??!!!) it with a laser! argghhhh im scared! Bit of a wimp really haha
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:56 am 
Post subject:
bless ya im sure ull be fine. wen r u booked in for?

ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:57 am 
Post subject:
Saturday 21st! so 2wks 2mo!
Only goin in as a day patient too so will be out that evenin.... hopefully the b.f will help out a bit wiv baby! lol!
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:00 am 
Post subject:
yep ur excuse to get a rest lol. yer well gd luck and let us no how u get on.

ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:03 am 
Post subject:
Thanks sweet... have a gud day x
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:18 am 
Post subject:
hi there,
im also only 22 and have noticed them popping up behind my knees etc and im feeling really self concious about it too as my mam has them really bad and i really dont want them to get worse or last, any ideas how to reduce them or make them go away??!!!apart from surgery, good luck with it btw

ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:54 pm 
Post subject:
hey...
I did go 2 the doctors and was given a cream for Thromboplebitis ( summin like that ) It was meant to help reduce the swelling of the veins ..... I didnt find it did anything and I also had stockings to wear ( very attractive !!! ) They also didnt help them in appearance but did help take away the throbbing you sumtimes get with them...

Unfortunately there isnt alot u can do to get rid of them without surgery,,, there is an alternative to having them stripped or removed. U can have them injected with sum sort of foam which makes them disperse but they are likely to return within 6 months, so its on going treatment!! thats y i opted 4 surgery!
xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular