When is best time to leave baby with others?

bethjayne
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:35 am 
Post subject: When is best time to leave baby with others?
Hi everyone

I'm planning to go back to work about 6 months after my little one is born for 2 days a week, 6 hours a day to start.
Not being with my partner he wants the baby to stay with him without me after a couple of months. I have tried to explain about breast feeding and that we come as a package until such a time as i see fit but he thinks i'm being unreasonable!
Maybe I am, I'm not to sure.
Is anyone in the same boat as me?

Beth
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:02 am 
Post subject:
Hi bethjayne, that a hard place your in Sad Its all about how you feel not what others want. How do you feel about expressing enough milk over a couple of days to last bub a night only with dad? Or maybe enough just for a day visit? Might help you relax if you just do it in small stages, even express and letting dad feed with you being there so you can get used to it. Dont be pushed into anything you dont want to though. One step at a time a Very Happy
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:08 am 
Post subject:
hey thanks for the reply.
i have said i'd stay with him at his. as he lives with his parents still i expect it would be his mum looking after the baby and not his as he has already said i'm the one changing all the nappies lol.
I suppose i feel abit uneasy with this as i'm his mum, and don't really want his family trying to take over my role.
I suppose it will be all about how i feel. Only 9 weeks to go, woooo hoooo.
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:21 am 
Post subject:
I think you are really brave going back to work, Im going back at 12mnth and that still scares me!! LOL. Hunter is now 7mnth and he has been left with my mum for 2hr when he was alseep at night only 2wk ago!! Thats the only time I have left him, I need to learn how to let go too. Its hard tho Shocked I feel like Im the only one who can look after him proparly Very Happy Very Happy Oh what ya gonna do a, we love our bubs!!
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:48 am 
Post subject:
Hunter looks sooo cute.
I think I'm gonna feel exactly the same as you, I don't really want to go back to work but am worrying about money and his dad wants me to set a good example. I know I'm going to leave my current job and get one less dangerous and closer to home though.
My lil nephew is 5 months and he is starting to really come into character now so have a feeling its going to take me a lot to drag myself away from my lil one. x
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
Im not sure I follow dads meaning when he says you should be at work to set a good example? I think setting a good example for young ones is showing fairness, love and compassion for others. Somehow I dont think Hunter will see me as going to work, more like leaving him for a while with someone else to play with, Does that make sense? I really dont think they comprehend that kind of thing till they are old enough to reason with, thats like 3/4 years maybe? I hope you are going back to work because you want to not because you are being made to!! I have to for financial reasons but Im still deciding wether to go back to my fantastic old full time job or find something part time that I dont love so much. SOOOO HARD!!!!
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:42 pm 
Post subject:
I kinda need to go back as I won't be getting much money, I don't think I will want to. I feel it would be best for my lil one if I stayed with him for the first couple of years. Like you said i'm sure he'd rather i be there and surely that is setting the best example!
Your so right though, all these decisions are so hard. I kinda know I don't wanna stay in my old job forever as the travelling and unpredictable hours would be to much.
I have a feeling nothing will go to plan anyway, maybe i'll just go with the flow xx
andrea28
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:40 pm 
Post subject:
i know what u mean. i breast fed my child and spilt from my partner a few yrs ago. the time u think is best for u to go back to work is ur choice and nothing to do with showing an exmple baby is way to young for that.
if money is a worry ask the father to help you out and if u want to move into a new job when u do go back when ur ready try doing a test period first u can do this throu job centre it call job trial, it to see if you suit job and if u will be happy and for employers to see if u suit job vacany if you or them dont think its for u. there is not comimment for either of u after two wks.

good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular